Making The SH Mistic Cloner

i put the fogger into my bubble cloner lastnight...or maybe this morning idk haha but i felt like a mad scientist lol with the fog pourin out of my lil tub ;) put the lid back on and hardly any fog comes out...this should be interesting. I left the bubbles going in there is that ok for now??

Mr.JonnyBtreed..

Alright my Friend,, just got done making the basic Stock Version of the Myst Cloner as youve shown.. And now I have a question for you if you dont mind Sir,,.. Due to time and height constraints,, I had to put my BabyGurl in to Flowering a little over 5 weeks ago.. So my question is,, do you have any suggestions for Cloning a Budding Female in to this Cloner ??

Thank You again for your help,, and making this Thread !! !!

:)

Mr.JonnyBtreed..

Alright my Friend,, just got done making the basic Stock Version of the Myst Cloner as youve shown.. And now I have a question for you if you dont mind Sir,,.. Due to time and height constraints,, I had to put my BabyGurl in to Flowering a little over 5 weeks ago.. So my question is,, do you have any suggestions for Cloning a Budding Female in to this Cloner ??

Thank You again for your help,, and making this Thread !! !!

:)

I try to avoid cloning at the budding state, but if you need to it can be done. Plants that have started flowering in my opinion actually tend to throw roots a few days sooner. Although they more then make up for it in the time it takes to get back into a vegative state (which can be 3-5 weeks).
And when it does, the growth tends to be off. They tend to stress more easily and can just cause all kinds of problems. If possible just keep a mother really short and take cuttings every couple weeks to keep her that high. Most of my mothers never got over a foot (above the bucket). and that way you have a healthy vegging plant to take you cuttings from and put into flower at whatever height you'd like.

:peace:

I try to avoid cloning at the budding state, but if you need to it can be done. Plants that have started flowering in my opinion actually tend to throw roots a few days sooner. Although they more then make up for it in the time it takes to get back into a vegative state (which can be 3-5 weeks).
And when it does, the growth tends to be off. They tend to stress more easily and can just cause all kinds of problems. If possible just keep a mother really short and take cuttings every couple weeks to keep her that high. Most of my mothers never got over a foot (above the bucket). and that way you have a healthy vegging plant to take you cuttings from and put into flower at whatever height you'd like.

:peace:

Mr.JonnyBtreed..

I understand,, Ive never tried to Clone this late into a Budding Ladys Career.. lol .. But Im trying anything I can to do what I have to do to keep this Ladys Strain and Genetics in tact.. Even if that means TRYING to Re-Veg her after Harvest time.. Anything that will work,, Im willing.. My only other option to get this Lady back,, is a Road Trip down to Cali to pick up some Clones from a Buddy of mine that still thinks she is his all time Favorite too.. Unless by chance you have any thoughts.. High Stress in Flowering to produce some Seeds maybe ?? Although Ive read good and bad things on trying that.. ..

Well let me know what you think,, and Thank You again for your time and the help SirJonny.. ..

Much Respect to you and yours.. ..

+reps JohnnyBtreed for this basic how to DIY mistic cloner. I'm building a very small version and can't wait to use it.

+reps JohnnyBtreed for this basic how to DIY mistic cloner. I'm building a very small version and can't wait to use it.

Well thank you very much, It works great just be sure to refresh the water every three to four days. and pH of about 6.0 or so. Good luck with it!

I have, in the past, taken clones with a nearly 100% success rate. However, some months ago I started some Kali Mist seeds from Serious Seeds and, at about 5 weeks old, I took two cuttings from each of six beautiful, healthy plants for cloning. I used rockwool plugs and a humidity dome and Clonex gel. After 3 weeks, none showed roots, so I took 12 more cuttings. Although most of the cuttings stayed green (or a bit yellow) they still refused, for the most part, to root. Long story short, only about 8 of the clones rooted. By now, the "mothers" were getting out of hand and I still hadn't determined sex. So I put the six (by now quite large) parent plants under a 12/12 flowering cycle. After a few weeks, I determined that only two of the six were females. Adding insult to injury, all of the clones that had rooted were from male plants! So I culled the males, shit-canned their clones, and took two more clones from each of the two actual mothers. I allowed the mothers to continue to flower and managed to get two of the clones I had taken from them to root. All of my cloning to this point had been in rockwool, but I was aware of the fogging deal and ordered foggers and built a cloning machine pretty much exactly like the one you made. So I have been taking clones and plugging them into the machine. Here's the deal: some of them just wither and die, but a good many continue to stand upright, looking quite perky. But they don't root! I have cuttings that have been in there for a month or longer, and still no sign of roots. Is this something peculiar to Kali Mist, or am I missing something? Anyone out there got any suggestions?

I have, in the past, taken clones with a nearly 100% success rate. However, some months ago I started some Kali Mist seeds from Serious Seeds and, at about 5 weeks old, I took two cuttings from each of six beautiful, healthy plants for cloning. I used rockwool plugs and a humidity dome and Clonex gel. After 3 weeks, none showed roots, so I took 12 more cuttings. Although most of the cuttings stayed green (or a bit yellow) they still refused, for the most part, to root. Long story short, only about 8 of the clones rooted. By now, the "mothers" were getting out of hand and I still hadn't determined sex. So I put the six (by now quite large) parent plants under a 12/12 flowering cycle. After a few weeks, I determined that only two of the six were females. Adding insult to injury, all of the clones that had rooted were from male plants! So I culled the males, shit-canned their clones, and took two more clones from each of the two actual mothers. I allowed the mothers to continue to flower and managed to get two of the clones I had taken from them to root. All of my cloning to this point had been in rockwool, but I was aware of the fogging deal and ordered foggers and built a cloning machine pretty much exactly like the one you made. So I have been taking clones and plugging them into the machine. Here's the deal: some of them just wither and die, but a good many continue to stand upright, looking quite perky. But they don't root! I have cuttings that have been in there for a month or longer, and still no sign of roots. Is this something peculiar to Kali Mist, or am I missing something? Anyone out there got any suggestions?
i had the same problem,basicly make sure neoprane inserts arent to tight around the clone(caused the bottom halves of clipping to die),if you see early signs of it starting to die after a day or so check the base of the clone,i got three dying to live by recutting the base,redip in clonex,scrape root layer(bark) and making a small slit UP the stem.there is a guide somewhere on here let me see if i can find it

Thanks, bendog. I'll keep all those things in mind. The tightness is probably the thing for the most part. In the meantime, several of the clones that were biding their time have finally rooted, so my faith is somewhat restored.

I have had some problems with too much heat generated from the fogger so I put it on a timer and that fixed the problem. No need for it to run 24/7. 15min on 1 hour off, experiment with it and find the right setting for you.
:peacetwo:

Well, I guess I'll be the one to post after 8 months, great thread, very nice cloner, going to get my stuff together and get one up and running, need to start taking cuttings within the week! SO glad I found this! Only tried cloning once, topped a plant and the clone is doing wonderful, straight into jiffy seed starting mix with olivia's cloning gel. I think one of the most important parts of cloning is WHEN you take your cutting, if you take it when your plant is thirsty it will be more likely to develop an embolism, also if possible make the cut UNDER water, or in your rooting gel, it helps keep air out of the stem. I usually will put the cloning gel on a plate, lay the cutting (where I am going to make the cut at) in the cloning gel, and cut, rolling the cut in the gel so it gets good and coated. I even had roots start ABOVE GROUND and grow down! Tried to take a pic but all i have is a cell phone camera, didn't come out clear enough to see. Anyway, this is a frigging great thread, so glad I ran across it!!

Absolutely great thread! This may be a dumb question but, do you turn the cutting upside down immediately after taking it or just putting straight into water is enough to keep the air out? Again I cant say how great this was to read.
Thanks

straight into water right away, then make another cut a little farther up the stem before you plant, just in case theres an air bubble in the bottom of the stem

Back
Top Bottom