My First Grow

bendog420

hows it goin,this is my first grow journal on 420 mag.so tell me what you think,ill keep it updated as time goes with new pics.

week 1

so to start this off,what im using is an 18 gallon tote,1 bubble bar and 2 bubble stones,3 air pumps,1 water pump,4 cfl lights,im in a 2x6x10 closet..
HNI_0001_2_.JPG
inside the tote,
HNI_0047_3_.JPG

ive had the 2 in soil for about a week.
HNI_0004.JPG
HNI_0008.JPG
HNI_0007_2_.JPG

and here is the bubbles.i made a box for the tote because it helps insulate it a bit and i can pack ice around the tote to keep temp down,
HNI_0002.JPG
ive got feminized carnival seeds in the hydro,they have been in 5 days and the first one popped out today.
hydro_sprout.JPG
well so far this is all i have,i will update with progress,

thanks for checking in fpf.no i havent ,before i did anything in the room i bleached it really good ,ill pick some ortho up when i go for more lights today,should i move the potted ones further away and watch for any bugs,i havent had any problems so far tho.

Well, keep your eyes open. Best would be in a different room, but that's probably not practical. Get one of those no pest strips too, unless you are sleeping in the room the closet is in, you can't take too much exposure to them. Meant more for garages etc.

i really dont have another safe room to put them in,,i just got some ortho.how long do i need to take the plants out for to spray? i also got some better lights,i read rosemans lighting thread and got some new lights,couldent find mylar anywhare some im using aluminum foil..ill be back with updated pics in a bit

I figured that about the extra room, few of us do so be careful. The no-pest strip will be good back up for you.

Just until the spray dries, I'd keep pets out longer, the bottle has all the info, but as long as it's dry t won't hurt the plants.

Don't bother with aluminum foil, reflectivity of about 55%. Flat white paint is about 85% reflective so you are better off leaving you closet just as it is, it probably has flat white paint already.

I figured that about the extra room, few of us do so be careful. The no-pest strip will be good back up for you.

Just until the spray dries, I'd keep pets out longer, the bottle has all the info, but as long as it's dry t won't hurt the plants.

Don't bother with aluminum foil, reflectivity of about 55%. Flat white paint is about 85% reflective so you are better off leaving you closet just as it is, it probably has flat white paint already.
:thanks: man,you are a great help,if you wouldent have told me i would be hangin foil for about an hour and be really frustrated lol,should i have cool white and soft white lights on at the same time. or just blue rays for now??

day 6-

well the carnival sprouts are looking good so far
HNI_0035.JPG
HNI_0032.JPG
HNI_0034.JPG
HNI_0033.JPG
. i need to get a humidifier because humidity is at like 37% ,it will rise if i turn off the fan but it gets to hot in the room but other than that everything is going smooth, i think i got the youngest potted plant in good shape to heal after last nights disaster.
HNI_0038.JPG
.. here is a top look at the oldest potted one.
HNI_0037.JPG
she(hopefully) is at 3 1/2 in..
HNI_0036.JPG
..but yea it seems thats all i have for now.keep posted for more updates

well good news on my part,following flyers opinion i made another room for my plants in soil-,now im in the middle of bleaching the room and spraying for bugs with ortho(again following flyers instructions) but when i have everything put up and together tomarrow i will post new pics ,until then ,stay tuned............:peace:

Ok ,well ive got the room setup here are the pics --- ((i forgot to flip them and dont know how to delete off here to fix it...sry))
HNI_0041.JPG
HNI_0040.JPG
HNI_0042.JPG

HNI_0049.JPG
HNI_0056.JPG
HNI_0050.JPG
HNI_0057.JPG
HNI_0058.JPG

i just cut a hole in the wall leading to the closet beside it and seperated them by door..
here are the plants in the new room.
HNI_0051.JPG

top of my oldest.
HNI_0052.JPG
and the youngest..
HNI_0055.JPG

does she look ok??
HNI_0053.JPG
HNI_0054.JPG

here are the hydro babies..
HNI_0044.JPG
HNI_0046.JPG
HNI_0047.JPG
HNI_0045.JPG
HNI_0048.JPG
..well thats all i have for now,if there is anything i need to add to this im open for opinions,,time to go:bong:

Hey bendog looking good! A way to get the humidity up is put some cups of water around the room. Some people use wet towels... I also read a question about which bulbs to use. I use all "blue" bulbs for vegging and then i whip out the others for flowering. Keep up the good work!:ganjamon:

Having water everywhere can be a bit of a hazzard, you are bound to kick them over at some point. I always find water and electrics dont mix very well so be careful basically. You can get small humidifiers, I have one, it cost me about 40 quid and works brilliantly for veg stages when I want that humidity high.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom