The Misadventures of Bombodil's RDWC SOG Unknown Bagseed Brickweed

Ok i weighed what is left of the single harvested dried plant, came in at 6g. I estimate that I've already smoked 25-33% of it, putting the original weight at either 8 or 9g. At the very very most we may have used half of it, which would put the original at 12 g on the far outside.

Transplanted the autofem white widow to the coffee can DWC bubbler. It has two sets of true leaves and looks like the third set is forming. The root structure when i pulled it out of the vermiculite was very nicely formed for the size of the seedling cup it has been in. Its new home is a 3in net pot and has two airstones. The airpump is one of those petstore 4-outlet jobs, so all that air in the tiny (1gal or so) coffee tub makes for quite a roiling maelstrom!

I'msurprised that this auto hasn't taken off quicker. Shes been in the bubbler 6 days and the seed leaves and first set of true leaves have turned a dry-looking yellowish brown. The second set of true leaves is a healthy-looking light shade of green, and there have been these hopeful looking nubs in the center that I expect should be the third set of leaves? Thing is, I expected that 3 days ago. I will just remain patient, but I was thinking of putting a tiny dot of root stimulator in the water? Maybe she wants nutes?

She's been under 2 x T5 32W fluorescents and in just under 1 gal of tap water that had been allowed to sit overnight to evaporate the chlorine.

Yes north, it seems odd. The little nubs have started to turn into the third leaf set finally. I'm hoping that it was just a little delay due to transplant shock.

I didn't mention before, I've had the plant under 24hrs of light, being an auto. I've heard allot of folks saying that anything less than 18/6 is a waste, and quite a few auto growers say 24 is the way to go. Personally, it seems to me that no plant in the world is evolved/bred to be under 24 hrs of light, surely even the most ruderalis needs an hour or two of dark?So I'm thinking of putting that puppy on a timer and dialing her down to 20/4.

Update on my finishing/harvesting activities. Last week i took the plant that had been sitting in the dark for 6 days and harvested her. Coarse trim for yellow leaf tips, fan leaves, and stuff i wouldn't want to smoke. Fine trim to catch stuff i will smoke, or learn to make hash later. Hung up in the dark to dry for 6 days until today. Onthe same day that one was harvested, i put 2 more plants inthe dark, where they sit until today. These plants have sat inthe dark for 7 days. I am taking a break just now from harvesting one ofthem.When I finish, I'll hang her up to dry and take the dry girl, remove the buds from the branches, and weigh her up for you guys! It will be pre-cure weight of course. I predict 8grams. Small still, but this one is super sticky!

Still have 4 more plants remaining under the 400W. They've been under 7 hours of light for 7 days. I'm going to put them in the dark for 7 more days, harvest them and dry for 7 more, dry for 7 days, and cure for 7+ more. Lotta 7's.

Sorry for the long delay. Today took down the two girls who have been hanging to dry for the past 7 days. Cut them up, weighed them and jarred them. Here's the official tally:
"I2":16g
"Q1": 12g

That's about exactly 1 Oz. Combine that with the 3/4 Oz. from the first two plants, I'malmost up to 2 Ozs. Still have four more plants to go, I think Im going to hit the 1/4 lb mark.

Got alot of work to do this weekend. Four plants to trim, harvest, manicure and hang.

Update on the DWC's. The autofem WW finally popped that 3rd set of leaves.

Inthe flower room, in the weeks before i turned the lights down and then off, one of the seeded buds dropped a seed into its own pot. I only know this because I found a little seedling growing in the soil under its big giant mama.At the time I wasnt sure the autofem DWC was going to make it, so I scooped baby girl out, washed her root off, and put her in an identical plastic coffee tub DWC module beside the DinaFem.

Neither of them did much in a few days, but yesterday i pulled out the nets pots and both have new root growth, so hopefully the delay has been the transition and reestablishment of the roots.The mutt girl's roots are showing the beginnings of that fishbone white hair look, who wants to bet she'll end up healthier and more robust than the Autofem?

3 more harvested today. Dried results are:

11g
14g
13g

For a total of 38g, a little more than 1.5oz.

Hey ya'll, long time no update!

My harvest is curing nicely Pretty potent stuff, few hits and thats all it takes folks!

The little hydro buckets are trooping right along despite my neglect. The 2nd generation bagseed islow and dense, ready for nutes probably two weeks ago. Autoflower is not doing so well, but still alive. I will do my best to revive her.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Long time no update!

The auto and bagseed never did make it, I sort of gave up on them since my heart wasnt in it.

Starting a new grow journal with Western Winds and Malawi Gold! I'll post a link here.

Great to be back!

Back
Top Bottom