2nd Grow 1st DWC

What up 420 mag got some pics and updates for everyone so I've been slowly stinging up each shoot in preparation for the wait guess I should have moved a little faster got home from work yesterday day and about half the plant was lying down luckily no snaps so I strung the whole plant up even the little shoots coming off main branches. Everything is getting nice and crystaly smells gassy also.
image3083.jpg
image3082.jpg
image3081.jpg
image3078.jpg
image3079.jpg
image3080.jpg
image3077.jpg
image3076.jpg
image3075.jpg

Ps can anybody give a link to a good tutorial that about harvesting crystals off all the trim. I've been slowly defoliating till its just buds at the end I would just throw it out but now everything is covered in crystals.:roorrip::roorrip::thanks:

Hello OP420. I have been watching and reading, nice job but it looks like it might still be a lil to hot. As far as your question, when i harvest my plants i remove the last fan leaves and scrap them, the trimmings that are closer to the buds with the thc glands on i put away in an air tight container and freeze for storage. I like the BTU extraction method. It is easy and your local head shop should be able to pint you in the right direction for the equipment. I hope this helps and cant wait to see what you get out of her.

for my fan leaves and bud trimmings i use a small portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine where i place my trimmings inside a small micron bag and add ice to the washing machine and set it for a timing cycle. i then use bubble bags similar to the Bubble Magic Extraction Bags-5 gal set inside a 5 gallon bucket and take the hose from the portable washing machine and drain it to the bubble bags set inside the 5 gallon bucket. i then carefully and slowly remove each bubble bag while allowing the trichome mixture to pass through each bag until i am at the smaller micron bags where the trichomes are removed and discard the water. i then carefully scrape the trichomes from the bubble bags and press out the water with a pressing screen leaving me with just the trichomes. i then press the trichomes with a hand operated Piranha Aluminum Pollen press into blocks. this is how i extract the trichomes from the trimmings and process it into hashish to be smoked.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine - Access Hydroponic

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Store

Bubble Magic Extraction Bags-5 gal. - 5 Bags - Access Hydroponic

https://www.theothersidevapes.com/servlet/the-579/Large-Piranha-Aluminum-Pollen/Detail

Very nice KJC!

For a slightly cheaper option, you can buy just the bags and then use dry ice. It works very well.

Dry ice is available from every blood bank - and they will sell it if you ask.

Put the shake and dry ice into a bucket in your bags, shake it around, leave it for 20 minutes, mix it around, leave for twenty minutes - and you can then start separating using the bags. In my experience, dry ice works much better than washing. The yield is higher and the quality seems better - and you don't have to wait for it to dry in order to press.

Never tried an automatic washer like KJC pointed out. Something like that could change my opinions though...

for my fan leaves and bud trimmings i use a small portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine where i place my trimmings inside a small micron bag and add ice to the washing machine and set it for a timing cycle. i then use bubble bags similar to the Bubble Magic Extraction Bags-5 gal set inside a 5 gallon bucket and take the hose from the portable washing machine and drain it to the bubble bags set inside the 5 gallon bucket. i then carefully and slowly remove each bubble bag while allowing the trichome mixture to pass through each bag until i am at the smaller micron bags where the trichomes are removed and discard the water. i then carefully scrape the trichomes from the bubble bags and press out the water with a pressing screen leaving me with just the trichomes. i then press the trichomes with a hand operated Piranha Aluminum Pollen press into blocks. this is how i extract the trichomes from the trimmings and process it into hashish to be smoked.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine - Access Hydroponic

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Store

Bubble Magic Extraction Bags-5 gal. - 5 Bags - Access Hydroponic

https://www.theothersidevapes.com/servlet/the-579/Large-Piranha-Aluminum-Pollen/Detail

Sounds good a little out my price range but I'm saving for house right now that's definitely gonna have a nice size set up thanks for the info though will be using in the near future

Very nice KJC!

For a slightly cheaper option, you can buy just the bags and then use dry ice. It works very well.

Dry ice is available from every blood bank - and they will sell it if you ask.

Put the shake and dry ice into a bucket in your bags, shake it around, leave it for 20 minutes, mix it around, leave for twenty minutes - and you can then start separating using the bags. In my experience, dry ice works much better than washing. The yield is higher and the quality seems better - and you don't have to wait for it to dry in order to press.

Never tried an automatic washer like KJC pointed out. Something like that could change my opinions though...

Yea I saw that technique on the tube I wondering if it was bs or not that mite be a little more my speed money wise

Ok so I have a couple of questions. Nirvana says 9 weeks for flower for blue mystic does that count start from the light switch or... I'm a little confused. And when do you start the flush

when we count days of flower we count from the time the light schedule is set to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. you need a 30x jewelers loop to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. some people flush for 1-2 weeks for soil with either plain water or a flushing agent. Goldengoose7 has posted a HomeMade Clearex Recipe which is a flushing agent.

HomeMade Clearex Recipe!
Make Your Own Flushing Solution for Pennies on the Dollar!

I have posted this recipe on a few other journals and threads around here, but I have never made an official post in my own journal complete with my usual photo documentation. Until now! :thumb:

This recipe makes 2 liters worth which should last most home growers an entire season

Combine the following dry ingredients in a saucepan along with 2 Liters of Fresh RO Water...

120 grams of Dextrose (I use Coopers Brand - Used for Beer Making)
60 grams of Sucrose (Your Common White Table Sugar)
1.5 grams Sodium Benzoate (* Optional as a preservative)
1-2 drops of Green or Blue Food Coloring (For Effect! + Makes it Obvious It Isn't Just Plain Water)

P1011748.JPG

In order to fully dissolve the Sodium Benzoate into solution, I heat the mixture to 200 degrees on the stovetop. This ensures that all of the sugars and preservative are dissolved evenly into solution.

p1011757.JPG

* If you keep the mixture in the freezer till needed, you can skip adding the preservative. But BE WARNED! Sugar water grows bacteria like gang-busters so you either freeze the product till needed or use the preservative. I prefer to use the preservative so I can store the finished product at room temperature indefinitely along with all my commercial additives.

Just like the commercial version, you use 15ml of this mixture per gallon of water for flushing.

The finished product ready for use on your flowering plants!

P1011759.JPG

Enjoy! :thumb:

https://www.google.com search 30x jewelers loop

when we count days of flower we count from the time the light schedule is set to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. you need a 30x jewelers loop to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. some people flush for 1-2 weeks for soil with either plain water or a flushing agent. Goldengoose7 has posted a HomeMade Clearex Recipe which is a flushing agent.

https://www.google.com search 30x jewelers loop

Great post king
Actually put into flush today I used your flushing solution only used about a 1/4 to be on the safe side hope it turns out well

Do can anobody tell me what I'm looking out my plan was to harvest tomorrow but I want a second judgement from more experience persons. Here are some pics of my trichs.
image3400.jpg
image3399.jpg
image3398.jpg

Today was a sad/good day I cut her down. Pretty bitter sweet. But I am happy I made it this far I will be growing dwc from now on. Nirvana blue mystic was an great strain very tough plant. Great genes! I have some pictures of today's festivities.
image3407.jpg

The skeleton of it all
image3408.jpg

All my main colas from the lst'ing
image3409.jpg

Baby buds
image3410.jpg

My biggest cola and buds!
image3411.jpg

Just hanging out! Lol
image3412.jpg
image3413.jpg

Son close ups

There hanging in the same closet I grew in, i took down light and everything. But left the fans. I put on the fans on low for air circulation around the closet. Planning to slow dry for a maximum of a week. The room temp is about 75 degrees. And I open tge door 3 times a day just to let the closet breath. Anybody got any suggestions.

I want to thank all you guys fore the help and support I picked a great community to be apart if.
Always keep it green 420

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom