2nd LED Grow, Kali Mist

Planter

hello everyone, this is my second attempt at growing my own meds. i will be growing just one Kali Mist plant. i do love this strain, one of favorites.
gone be doin it all the same as last grow except i have changed my medium.

medium: happy frog + added perlite.

Nutes: FF trio liquid pack, big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom.

plant strain: Kali Mist

Re: Staffy's 2nd GLH grow, Kali Mist

here are a couple of pics of my new girl, KALI MIST. i put her into a 5 gal clean paint bucket yesterday. comepare to my last grow, it seem that kali is still a little in shock, she has bent up toward the light alil bit but not all the way the the leaves are still a lil droopy, not sure why? seems like she is slowly getting settled into her new home.
temps :79
humidity: 25%
my_grow_183.jpg
my_grow_182.jpg

kali is standing tall and straight today, but leaves seems to be still droopy

i introduced the nutes today :), hopefully it should start growing crazy soon. i used 1 tbl of the big bloom and 1 tsp of the grow big and adjusted the ph to 6.4.

my temp have been a 77-82 degree min-max
my humidity has been a 16-25% min-max.
so quite a low humidity goin on, is it bad to have a low humitdity.
i have a humidifier, do u guys think i should put it in my tent??

Always hearing good things about kali mist and I'm using the spectra180 myself. Curious to see how huge she will get under just this light. Fingers crossed for a keeper. If it's anything like Mikes SLH grow than we are all in for a treat. Best of luck and I'll be watching

Hey Staffy, I kinda spent the night reading your first grow. Sorry to hear about all that pm, but you have a great set up and you seem prepared. I'm excited to see how this turns out for you! Make sure you keep posting lots of pics!

Btw, your grow is coming close to inspiring me to buy a LED light and give it go. I'm currently using a 400watt hps, and the heat from it kills me. Thankfully this summer was so mild in cali!!!

Always hearing good things about kali mist and I'm using the spectra180 myself. Curious to see how huge she will get under just this light. Fingers crossed for a keeper. If it's anything like Mikes SLH grow than we are all in for a treat. Best of luck and I'll be watching
these are good lights. im pretty confident that she will get very big , my last grow i had three plants under a 180 and my super silver haze got nice and big, it went out of control when i flipped 12/12. and now im just doin 1 plant, 90% sativa if i can remember right, im very excited

Hey Staffy, I kinda spent the night reading your first grow. Sorry to hear about all that pm, but you have a great set up and you seem prepared. I'm excited to see how this turns out for you! Make sure you keep posting lots of pics!

Btw, your grow is coming close to inspiring me to buy a LED light and give it go. I'm currently using a 400watt hps, and the heat from it kills me. Thankfully this summer was so mild in cali!!!
hey mate, thanx for readin my journal.ya i was pretty upset cutting and throwing away my girls, but i have learned somehtin aswell. hopefully this grow will be very good for me. if you do get a led light, which i have to say are pretty f#@kin great, only the led from growledhydro tho, others i have seen cant just cut it. so cheap aswell with utilities i honestly dont see much difference with havin the led, two cintrifical fans and two fans in the tent not much at all, except if i put a humidifier in there then im sure i will se a difference, check out irishboys grows. he is what made me def get one and the grow mike did with the 180w led and 1 super lemon haze plant, i belive he got just over a qp off one plant, pretty cool. thanks for stopping by and hope to speak with ya in future.
Hey Staffy

Your humidity is way low for veg. grow. I would put the humidifyer in there if it was me.
ok i suppose i should. does it need to be between 50-60% himid for veg?

kali is lookin good, it will be a week tomo. some pretty good new grow i think for first week only fed nutes once. temp today
73-81 degrees. high and low
humidity 16-28% high and low.

ill try and put up pics later when i get home from work

thanks all for lookin

Hey staffy

about the humidity i; Im no expert, Im doing my first grow. But what I have read about it it should be higher. I also read a log here on 420 (smickys) he had to low humidity which he meant caused some growing problem for him. You might take a look there. In my grow I had low the first 2 weeks, but after I changed pot to the 18l it jumped up to 60-70%. My roule of thumb on my grow is to not to stay to far away from what is suggested on the internet, and the instruction videos about themp, humidity, ect. I guess if I do that I might end up with some good meds:)

Hey staffy

about the humidity i; Im no expert, Im doing my first grow. But what I have read about it it should be higher. I also read a log here on 420 (smickys) he had to low humidity which he meant caused some growing problem for him. You might take a look there. In my grow I had low the first 2 weeks, but after I changed pot to the 18l it jumped up to 60-70%. My roule of thumb on my grow is to not to stay to far away from what is suggested on the internet, and the instruction videos about themp, humidity, ect. I guess if I do that I might end up with some good meds:)

rite on thanks bro

here's some pics, lil diff, been 6 days since i have had her.
my_grow_184.jpg
my_grow_190.jpg
my_grow_187.jpg
my_grow_194.jpg
my_grow_193.jpg
my_grow_189.jpg

thanks for lookin

Hey Staffy

I think the biggest problems you will notice with low humidty are
1) your soil will dry out a lot quicker
2) certain type of bugs thrive in lower humidity (is it aphids or spider mites?)

That being said 'low humidity' is probably more like 30-45 %, never had anything below 30, that does seem way too low. Veg you definitely aim for 50-60%.

Use a spray mister as much as possible, and/or get that humidifier in there!

Hey Staffy

I think the biggest problems you will notice with low humidty are
1) your soil will dry out a lot quicker
2) certain type of bugs thrive in lower humidity (is it aphids or spider mites?)

That being said 'low humidity' is probably more like 30-45 %, never had anything below 30, that does seem way too low. Veg you definitely aim for 50-60%.

Use a spray mister as much as possible, and/or get that humidifier in there!

so far this grow my soil is takin alot slower to dry up than my last grow with pretty good RH%, im thinking cuz ive only had her in there for a week and needs time to settle in properly to get thirsty.
you know bud, im a lil scared to put the humidifier in there just cuz my last grow i got pm, but i know it happened becuz i didnt have a good intake, now i do. i just dont want to get opm agian and things to go tits up. but im gonna put it in tonight.

thanks mate

humidifier is in! not sure how long it would take to go up but ill check later tonight and then in the morning and see if i need to move dial up or down. looks pretty cool havin the smog move across the plant. but i dont have it straight at plant off to the side.
my_grow_196.jpg
my_grow_197.jpg
my_grow_198.jpg

Humidifier looks good. I'm lucky enough to always have my rH in the 45%-55% area which the girls seem to really enjoy.

I was reading this article and thought of your pm issues. Maybe it can be of help.

Maximum Yield - Indoor Gardening

-MJ

my rh% todays is at 45% i had to fill up the humidifier again today, that went quick.i also turned up the dial a lil so it is closer to 50%. i can already tell the humidifier is gonna cost quite a bit in electric :(

Back
Top Bottom