2nd LED Grow, Kali Mist

Re: Staffy's 2nd GLH grow, Kali Mist

thanks man, i hate pm!! always 45-55, that be nice. where do u live?

Down in SoCal. I live a little farther in state by a lovely little creek. I think the creek stabilized the humidity to around 50% this time of year. My passive intake gets outside air when the windows open and the plants really like it. A lot of growth around the creek so I know the air around here is pretty good. Still considering putting an extra carbon filter on the passive intake to ensure no mildew, but have yet to need it. Apparently powdery mildew can be an issue even with humidity in good range, so gotta always gotta be careful. Best of luck this round.

-MJ

little creek that be nice to live by :) i just have other apartment, lol, for now. me and wife are tryin to get a new house build over here in colorado. pretty nice here. get some pretty nice mountain bud a couple times a year.

thanks bro. seems like im gonna have to fill it up with water 1 -2 time a day. whata pain!

so i had got another clone today not the same strain but it is a mental floss, did not find a whoole lot of info on it buts its a 60 sativa and 40 indica, sativa dom, but grows like an indica, i am using OC+ in my mental floss and sticking with the FF for my kali mist.

my_grow_209.jpg

kali mist
my_grow_200.jpg
my_grow_201.jpg

mental floss
my_grow_203.jpg
my_grow_205.jpg

both
my_grow_207.jpg

i think i am goin to have the kali LST. and the MF just normal. seems like a pretty good idea to me if the KM will grow fast and the MF slowish.

i just watered her this morning, i dont know why but i watered her on sunday, nutes. and just today she needed a drink again, took along time, i thought.
MF still same not very interesting. yet!! ive seen some pics of buds for this strain and it looks pretty tasty, cool colours too.

i am having little troubles with keeping my humidity up to 50% all the time. i have a humidifier and tried spraying a water bottle around (misting) and ya it raises it by a few degrees quick but doesnt last long. with my humidifier its got a low of high 20's and a high of high 40's, quite a big range there i think. everytime i check it, it is aroud36 -46.

Does anbody know a good way of getting humidity stable and high in a tent?
also when i mist in my room where is the best places to spray?
with my humidifier should i have it pointing at a certain place? just now i took the direction thing off so it is just poring out if the top like volcano, rather than being forced in a certain direction?

should i remove a fan or add one? i have 2 fans in my tent!

any help will be greatly appreciated thank you

hey guys i just had a few concerns about this new growth on my kali mist. i couldnt find any good good reason of what it might be , just thought i would ask u guys and see if anybody with good experience might know exactly what it might be. its the leaf, it is hangin by a lim it seems like and on the other side one leaf has only 2 leafs on it. seems like leaf are dying in this section.
thnks

my_grow_217.jpg
my_grow_218.jpg
my_grow_221.jpg
my_grow_223.jpg
my_grow_224.jpg

this is the only new growth section that is doin this so my concerns arent really high but i know somethin is up.

is it better to do a 18/6 light time or 24 on all the time? does it matter if doin LED or HPS?
anyone?

Hi staffy.

For what I have heard 24hours is the best. About the LED vs. HPS:
For the growing stage LED would be the best, or if you can fit a MH bulb that would be great to. When flowering I have heard that HPS is a bit better then LED. But then again LED dont use so much electricity, and dont give so much heat. So it may even out... Thats just my thought

i have some nutes mixed with water that has been sealed and sat for 1 week and a half, can i still use these nutes to feed my plant??
anyones help would be great!

Burmese kush- thnks for ur response

is it better to do a 18/6 light time or 24 on all the time? does it matter if doin LED or HPS?
anyone?

Marijuana plants can process something like 60,000hrs of light(photosynthesis) so I always keep my HID lights on for 24hrs during veg but have done 18/6 with little to no difference so I believe it a personal preference at this point.

i have some nutes mixed with water that has been sealed and sat for 1 week and a half, can i still use these nutes to feed my plant??
anyones help would be great!

Burmese kush- thnks for ur response

Anything after 1 week with no pump or airstone/bubbler is taking an unnecessary chance but it may work. I set up reservoirs with airstones or circulating pumps to keep it fresh and do change the whole thing weekly or at least bi-weekly. The key is to have the reservoir only hold the amount you use pere week so there is no waste.

+Rep Great Questions

The only foolish or bad questions are the ones not asked.:goodluck::theband::tommy:

Marijuana plants can process something like 60,000hrs of light(photosynthesis) so I always keep my HID lights on for 24hrs during veg but have done 18/6 with little to no difference so I believe it a personal preference at this point.

Anything after 1 week with no pump or airstone/bubbler is taking an unnecessary chance but it may work. I set up reservoirs with airstones or circulating pumps to keep it fresh and do change the whole thing weekly or at least bi-weekly. The key is to have the reservoir only hold the amount you use pere week so there is no waste.

+Rep Great Questions

The only foolish or bad questions are the ones not asked.:goodluck::theband::tommy:

cool thanks for ur response, i appreciate it. i had made an amount to just use, for that weeks but the kali mist just took so long for the soil to dry. last grow i was feeding my plants every other day giving 32oz of wter. the kali this time is takin5-6 days to dry, weird!! imthinkin because it is still pretty young, but i dont know.
thanks again

pic update: kali mist is at 2 weeks of veg.
Mental Floss is at 6 days of veg. counting from the time i got them

KALI MIST (FF)
my_grow_226.jpg
my_grow_230.jpg
my_grow_227.jpg
my_grow_231.jpg

MENTAL FLOSS (OC+)
my_grow_233.jpg
my_grow_234.jpg
my_grow_235.jpg

BOTH
my_grow_236.jpg

Hey staffy

Your grow looks great. Specially the kali mist. How long will u be in veg before u switch?

When I did my shopping for my grow I was determent to buy LED, but ended up with the HPS/MH myself. But after seeing all the nice grow in here with LED I thinking about buying one for a veg box. So I am very interested.

thanx guys. not sure when i am gonna flip. i am very close to saving up and i think in the next couple weeks i am gonna order another light. i dont want the kali to get to out of control so i think i will switch to 12/12 here in the next week or two.

Back
Top Bottom