2nd Grow 1st DWC

Can you post another picture so that we can see how she is doing now?

Ok before the picks this is all that I have done I figured the green make shift net pots I got are to big for the size clone I have so what I did when I got off today was take an old easy water pot that I started my first grow in and took the bottom off of it and it has wholes and slits cut into the bittom already then wedge in the pot. Before putting back in the whole I made sure the water was at the right levels so that the roots aren't sitting right in it but catching the spray from the bubbles. Also what I notice is that when using gravel u it take longer for the roots to maneuver through the fine cracks for future ref. but here she is 10 min after all that.
image1493.jpg
image1494.jpg
image1495.jpg
image1496.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics OP420.

It looks like you are really suffering from a lack of nutrients at this point. The yellowing of the bottom leaves implies a nitrogen deficiency - which is the element that they are most seeking right now. The veins in the leaves show another deficit... I think Zinc but I would have to look that up.

But it can all be fixed by continuing to baby her.

I have never used river rock... are the rocks surrounding the roots wet at this point? It might be that due to the density of the rocks that the bubbles are not making it up high enough. Or that the rocks just don't retain as much moisture as some of the other media.

Unless someone else objects, I would raise the level of the water just slightly from where you have it right now. It looks like the plants are still suffering from a lack of water.

IMO, the bottom leaves are done and you should remove them. Dead leaves are not good to be left on a plant... just invites trouble.

:goodluck:

I will keep checking in on you. Keep posting pictures when you can.

Thanks for posting the pics OP420.

It looks like you are really suffering from a lack of nutrients at this point. The yellowing of the bottom leaves implies a nitrogen deficiency - which is the element that they are most seeking right now. The veins in the leaves show another deficit... I think Zinc but I would have to look that up.

But it can all be fixed by continuing to baby her.

I have never used river rock... are the rocks surrounding the roots wet at this point? It might be that due to the density of the rocks that the bubbles are not making it up high enough. Or that the rocks just don't retain as much moisture as some of the other media.

Unless someone else objects, I would raise the level of the water just slightly from where you have it right now. It looks like the plants are still suffering from a lack of water.

IMO, the bottom leaves are done and you should remove them. Dead leaves are not good to be left on a plant... just invites trouble.

:goodluck:

I will keep checking in on you. Keep posting pictures when you can.

Yes the rocks are and I agree with the leaves will do. Ima raise it in the morn what do u think about starting a night period for my veg doesn't it make the roots grow

Here you go.

I had a reservoir pump die on my ebb and flow table yesterday or today - this is where I start seeds after germination.

They are four, nearly five weeks old - and they went without water and nutrients for under 24 hours (estimation).

I will lose the bottom set of leaves. Looks a lot like your plants only bigger.

I replaced the pump and the top leaves and shoots got better immediately.

IMG_20130418_092642_586.jpg

what do u think about starting a night period for my veg doesn't it make the roots grow

I would only run 24 hours with healthy clones (they seem to benefit) or healthy plants when I am in a hurry.

When they get sick or stunted, it seems it is always best to cool your jets. I would definitely start letting them rest every night for 6 hours (18 hours on - 6 hours off). This will take the pressure off the plant and help it to recover.

I would only run 24 hours with healthy clones (they seem to benefit) or healthy plants when I am in a hurry.

When they get sick or stunted, it seems it is always best to cool your jets. I would definitely start letting them rest every night for 6 hours (18 hours on - 6 hours off). This will take the pressure off the plant and help it to recover.

Tonight she got turned off at 12 a.m. Checked her roots are getting longer and staying wet sense I raised water level

Excellent! It is good to hear that OP420.

She should recover quickly now and reward your patience and persistence.

Sad to say it but my little clone didn't make it I had to leave for 2 days and I had a power outage and air pump stopped pumping. But it's ok I was really using it for practice till my seeds from nirvana got here an gues what came in the mail today
image1610.jpg
so all is good already have 1 seed germinating.

Ok let's try this again from the start

Strain- nirvana blue mystic
Type- dwc/top drip system
Grow medium- sand stones
Nutes- general hydroponics flora series
Ph- 6.0
Ppm- 249
Photo period- 18/6
Stage of growth- seedling
Light- 400w demable ipower mh/hps ballast
Running 50% percent with the mh. In a six in. Cool tube.
Temp- got up to 90 for a bit but sits at about 85 for the most part.
Air pump- pumping into 2 12in air stones
Submersible pump- 346gh with cleanable filter.
Fans- I have 2 computer desk fans and one rack fan going as well.

I started the seed in a jiffy plug then transplanted it straight to the dwc been like that for to days no prob. Hook the light up everything today it was under 2 85w cfl's but it stood straight up to the light when that mh hit it.

This seedling was actually tall than my clone from the previous attempt hand no trouble reaching the bottom or the top. So everything is good with that.

In the pictures u will seethe hose for the top drip system. I covered it after taking pics just wanted y'all to see it. Before it was Buried. That should prevent light touching my water ever.

Anything u guys see let me know told y'all I was determined.

Just be aware, DWC hates high water temps with a passion. Ideal water temps are sub 68f where the bad shit can't grow. If you're already seeing 90f air temps, your water temps are going to be brutal when you have real root mass and full light intensity. Root rot is a sad state of affairs.

I highly suggest you find a larger tub to drop your dwc into. Add water to that tub to make a bath. Daily add ice buckets to this bath to cool your dwc tub & water.

DONT add ice jugs to your dwc tub. The jugs will contact the roots and freeze them. They'll break off and you'll have shit roots. Trust me on this.

I personally do this during veg to all my girls. They veg out in a closet in 5 gal buckets and those buckets are in larger tubs with water.

Once the go into flower however I move the girls into a recirculating deep water culture system and the water is pumped through a chiller. With only one plant, one bucket, you really don't need a chiller, but you will need to get the temps down.

Just be aware, DWC hates high water temps with a passion. Ideal water temps are sub 68f where the bad shit can't grow. If you're already seeing 90f air temps, your water temps are going to be brutal when you have real root mass and full light intensity. Root rot is a sad state of affairs.

I highly suggest you find a larger tub to drop your dwc into. Add water to that tub to make a bath. Daily add ice buckets to this bath to cool your dwc tub & water.

DONT add ice jugs to your dwc tub. The jugs will contact the roots and freeze them. They'll break off and you'll have shit roots. Trust me on this.

I personally do this during veg to all my girls. They veg out in a closet in 5 gal buckets and those buckets are in larger tubs with water.

Once the go into flower however I move the girls into a recirculating deep water culture system and the water is pumped through a chiller. With only one plant, one bucket, you really don't need a chiller, but you will need to get the temps down.

I agree def gonna get it when I get payed thank man!

Ok this Wednesday will make 3 weeks sense transplanted to my DWC the roots have just touched the water today. I will have pictures to load standby for those. My seedling leaves have yellowed and shrilled up I didn't post or alarm cuz I figured that happens anyway. Tips of second leaves are show just a hint of yellow you will see in the pics any suggestion on that let me know. I figured that it wasn't getting enough nutes from just my feed system from the water but hoping that now that the roots are touching water that will clear up. AGAIN THIS IS MY FIRST DWC I'm really excited with my progress so far sense the first try was rocky. If u Guys have any suggestions let me know cuz I'm hear to soak knowledge like a sponge and grow some nice buds.

So today did a res change and fresh bytes following the general hydroponics feeding schedule week 3
Ppm is 1649
Ph is 6.5
Temp in the grow room is 97 but I also switched the light to 75% power from 50% the temp settles out at 88 in the mornings and at night
The temp rises between 2-5 so 3 hours of hot temps is not bad out of 18 hours of sunlight.

Back
Top Bottom