Making Tincture

davduggie13

Hi, i just made everclear tincture. When i use it a few drops under my tongue it tastes very nasty and burns.

Anybody have any suggestions to make this a better experience?

Also, if i make a veg glycerine tincture using a crock pot, do i need to carboxyate marijuana in oven at 250 for an hour, or can i just put in crock pot low heat for 8hrs? Is this correct time?

Love, Peace.

Well alcohol is not going to taste that great and will burn.

Most cooking stores carry a cinnamon extract that might improve the taste but honestly I would evaporate the alcohol and cut with olive oil. Everclear or any other solvent is just an extraction vehicle which should the be removed.

250*F for an hour will cause THC to convert to CBN, also how low is low heat?

Thanks for replying.

please elaborate on evaporating alcohol and cutting with olive oil? How will i know when alcohol is evaporated?
Ive left the top off the container for evaporation, much of liquid has disappeared.

Do i need to decarboxylate if im doing veg glycerine in a crock pot, low heat setting (warming, low setting of 3 settings) 8 hrs time.

Ethanol has a boiling temperature of 168.8*F so a rise in temperature above that would indicate that the alcohol is done boiling. You need accuracy in your process as you just seem to be "winging it".

I hate using things without a thermostat; how low is 3, exactly? You might be decarboxylating accidentally by exposing your product to heat for that long.

To reply to your question yes you need to decarb it, always but depending on the use you may want to do it differently. If you don't want to get high then don't decarb for high THC.

Here are some videos on the way I make RSO:

There's a whole other topic on polishing extracts; basically cleaning, filtering and purifying your oil.

Back
Top Bottom