Male or female

Heissenberg

Hello all,

This is my 2 month old white widow. Grown from feminized seeds. I wanted to use it as a mother plant but since I dont have experience and assumed its a female, now Im not sure since I dont see any white pistil. Any advice?

photo390.JPG

yes, the female pre flowers on that pic are very obvious to me, but the pic at the top of this post shows neither sex (that i can see). I was just wondering why you would lean more towards a male plant that female if it is not showing at all. But if you top or FIM the plant, that will usually make it show female sex earlier???

the clipped or missing leaves leads me to think that this plant is older and if it were female the pistil's would be right there beside the small shoot and the leaf starting. this can be wrong, just going by what I have seen myself. if you took this pic please give us any more details about the plant and a better or more conclusive guess/answer on the sex is possible. as for topping/fimming when I have done this in the past the plants all the females showed themselves but only one male has shown itself (balls) early without 12/12

I would honestly have to say that it hasn't even started pre-flowering yet to even tell. When that begins, there will be calyx (small node) at the crook of the stem beside the other growths. One calyx tends to be female, its when there are multiple nodes in what looks to be a grape like cluster that it is a male. Just keep watching the plant where the branches meet main stem. It took my plants almost 3 months to begin flowering.

Back
Top Bottom