Man Finds $4,800 In Pot In Auction Painting

A Cherokee County man found a hidden treasure in a painting he bought at an auction: four pounds of marijuana. Gordon Clement, 80, discovered the pot stashed inside of the painting, which he bought at a post office auction about five years ago. He found the drugs last weekend when he tried to sell the artwork at another auction.

Clement planned to ask $25 for the piece. Police said the marijuana was worth about $4,800.

Alarmed, he called his lawyer and turned the painting over to authorities.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Washington Post
Author: The Associated Press
Copyright: 2010 The Washington Post Company

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Man.... I wonder just how big this painting was to not notice 4lbs stashed in it..... and just how do you stash that much pot in a painting.... Wish i would've been the one to buy it.... LOL.... don't think it would've made it to the authorities....

Man.... I wonder just how big this painting was to not notice 4lbs stashed in it..... and just how do you stash that much pot in a painting.... Wish i would've been the one to buy it.... LOL.... don't think it would've made it to the authorities....

nope.. I twopuld have made it into my bowl though :)

a couple of years a go,the local home depot had a few vanities that had a huge stash inside them, someone bought one that had a huge stash of pot in it,,, I sure do wish I had bought that vanity...

I want my painting back.

It has... sentimental value.

Back
Top Bottom