Marijuana Myths

hdaddy_187 said:
I am addicted to weed, so I know that portion of the post is false, I have tried to quit and failed. It's not a psyco-addiction because Acid has no addicting effect whatsoever and the psyco-active effects are far more intense than weed and I dont have the slightest "urge" to take acid (other than its the funnest drug I have ever taken :) )

hdaddy ....What you have to understand is that marijuana as a whole is not addicting ............yes it does affect only a handfull of individuals ......but that does not mean that everyone will get hooked on it ....We're not talkin bout crack or meth here ........I myself was "addicted " when I was 15 .....thats what I thought then ........I smoked everyday for a year .....three or four times a day ......and quit cold turkey for twenty years ....( for twenty ....hehe .....get it :laughtwo: )......I did the same thing with alchohol ......I was drunk five nights a week for half my adult life .....And put it down after seeing myself for what I truly was .....addicted........ :peace:

J842P said:
Ok, first of all...
SMOKING SEEDS WILL NOT MAKE YOU STERILE!
They will just POP ok?
Also, I think that the mold answers your questions regarding your health ailments.
I think the Mold is probably the key also ....People don't realize what moldy pot can do ......After all .....Ya can't live in a house with mold growing inside ....That shit can kill ya ! :peace:

tronix said:
I can verify this one, I used to be an angry, ill-tempered person. I fought with my girl, my family, anyone who pissed me off while driving, whoever. But ever since I started smoking weed, I am calm, hell its almost hard to get me mad enough to fight now.
Also this isn't mentioned but it is a benefit none-the-less, I have noticed I have extremely shaky nerves in that I cant hold my hand still, when I'm high that effect is lessened. I am high almost everytime I am behind the wheel and it has benefitted there as well. A. I drive slower because I am in no hurry when I'm high, B. I dont go into road-rage as easy, C. I'm more observant, because I am constantly on the lookout for John Q. Law, therefore I see traffic and obstacles well in advance.

The Government is being stupid, because of the money they could make on a Marijauna tax alone, but like your post said, I belive legallizing it would reduce other drug use. I have tried alot of drugs most of which was before I ever took my first toke of herb, I was the only kid in the neighborhood who didn't smoke cigarettes, didn't smoke weed but i'd drop acid or X every weekend, since then I have quit acid (mostly because it doesn't exsist anymore :( ) now all I do is weed. If anything its kept me from trying other junk. I'm irish I cant drink or I'll be an alcoholic like my dad.

I am addicted to weed, so I know that portion of the post is false, I have tried to quit and failed. It's not a psyco-addiction because Acid has no addicting effect whatsoever and the psyco-active effects are far more intense than weed and I dont have the slightest "urge" to take acid (other than its the funnest drug I have ever taken :) )

great info and post, thanks 420.
Psychological addiction has nothing to do with the hallucinogenic potency...

hstisgod said:
I think regardless of what tests show..marijuana unfortunately...because im addicted....does indeed slow your mind after frequent use...I stutter more nowadays.. than I would normally..Marijuana makes me a paranoid individual...Im always wondering if someone else is talking about me...Nonetheless...it doesnt not give me liver disease...nor does it entice me into commiting a triple homicide... and it almost always keeps me from driving intoxicated... but still my memory capabilities are slowly deterirorating... day after day...IF anything... keep this movie quote in mind..."Nothing exceeds like excess."

Brian
hstisgod

Weed isn't for everyone. I think 30% of people who smoke should stop because they are the ones who can't hang, control themselves, don't know how to act, get paranoid, and ruin the high's of those around them. It does have worse effects on some then it does on others. Remember No 2 people are alike and the effect will be different on people with different personalities and character traits. So if you are part of that 30% you should stop smoking because its not meant for you. Just like some people can't handle getting drunk, others can't handle being high. Regulate the weed don't let the weed regulate you. If you can't handle it, you should'nt smoke it.

You want the weed, YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE WEED. :Rasta:

Addiction? .. I smoked for about 13 years now. I had to quit for a year. It wasnt hard after the first month.

But latly ive been wanting to smoke (I moved so no supply). I think anything is addictive. But pot isnt as bad. However I have been a bit miserable w/o smoking. (just like quitting sugar) I will smoke untill I drop im sure. But latly its been kinda ruff not having a constant stash (god forbid). Its hard to think I can GET ANY POT. But that happends when in a new area.

Far as addiction goes. My father drinks EVERY day . Hard liquor about 1 pint a day. He's addicted but would never admit it (which alchoholic does right?).

Seeing him is why i started smoking in the first place. But now I Like the taste and high of weed . Shitty thing is ... no conection out here in the south .

If you wonder what its like to not quit on purpose... Its not TOO bad.. but at times all you can think of is a joint! This is comming from a person who went thru a 1/8 every 1-3 days.

Once I find a supply (or grow) Things will feel a lil normal. But for a person like me (ADD) not smoking makes things really hard to concentrate.
the medication I used to take for ADD (as a child) was a form of a methanphedamine. (I was shocked to read the ingrediant of Ritalin)(new medications are now available ). But back in the 80s it was a form of Meth.
For those who might have adult ADD. the symtoms are now just a little restlessness and Slight mood swings.

Thats the main reason why I smoke today (ontop of the killer taste) is because it absolutly cure's ADD with just minimal use.

I started smoking in the era of M-10 NL and blueberry. And man is was great. But now its hard to find anything (in florida).

Well wish me luck guys. Cuz not smoking keeps me up late at nite and I feel like crap somtimes... (ADD).

Addiction= a fondness for :smokin:

Weed is as addictive & controlling as food. If youve got a weak mind then itll probably control you, it marijuana dependency is effected by the person, not the substance.

great work, many of these things i already knew, but it allows the public to know about this. i love smoking, and its a great thing, i dont want people telling me its not, especially when there are legal drugs (such as alchohol) which are essentially worse for you than cannibus is. anyway, i am new to 420 but am loving the articles and stuff.

weed addiction is a very touchy subject, but as happytoker said, if you have a weak mind, then chances are it will addict you.

If it wasn't for my green 'ohana' my cancer treatments over the past 8 months would have been ONE LONG HELL .....

Someone tell me how the f^&k our Government can send billions of dollars to Afghanistan in the 90's to try and pay off the Taliban from growing poppies [gee that worked - NOT] but I have to act like secret agent man in order to get natural relief from cancer treatments .....

i have been smoking almost everyday for about three years and it has had absolutely zero adverse effects on me. However i decided that I wanted to join the air force and now have to take a drug test. So here is my delima, a buddy of mine owns a drug testing company and he gave me a few so i gave up smoking for the past month and passed those test and I was curious as to if anyone had any information as to wether the urinealysis test that are sent off to labs are more sensitive to detcting THC than the one that are administered at home. sublime373@hotmail

I Have Smoked Everyday Up To Know About 4 Blunts A Day To My Self With Just Commercal Weed(alright Weed) And Have Problems With Memory Lost When Am High And When Am Not When Dealing With Memerizing New Spellings, Phone Numbers And Other Little Things. Other Then That Am Good....its Hard For My To Stay High My High Last About 10 Minutes That It,,,, I Think I Need Better Weed Or I Just Have A High Tollorance.??

Buddah's Skunk said:
i was told by my psycology teacher that THC covers your white blood cells w/ fat. He calls it Temp. Aids, is this true? w/ fat
Um, I think that's utter bullshit. Are you sure he didn't mean that THC molecules get stored in fat?

Thc Get Stored Into Your Fat Cells, That Is Why When You Work Out You May Feel A Little Buzz From The Thc Getting Active In Order To Get Burned Off.

weediologist said:
I Have Smoked Everyday Up To Know About 4 Blunts A Day To My Self With Just Commercal Weed(alright Weed) And Have Problems With Memory Lost When Am High And When Am Not When Dealing With Memerizing New Spellings, Phone Numbers And Other Little Things. Other Then That Am Good....its Hard For My To Stay High My High Last About 10 Minutes That It,,,, I Think I Need Better Weed Or I Just Have A High Tollorance.??

you don;'t need better bud. Look i got it down to a science (i had the same prob)
1. stop (for 1 day)
2. then when u do smoke don;lt smoke again till you aren't blaze anymore.

(thc won;t build up and it will make it easier for you to get ripped)

Back
Top Bottom