Medical Marijuana Ban Takes Effect In Cascade

Medical marijuana businesses within Cascade city limits must cease operations immediately, after the Cascade Town Council voted to pass a moratorium that has been hotly debated in recent weeks.

The council heard from the public before passing a six-month moratorium. Council members said they would like to see the federal government take action on the issue before they impose their own city regulations. Members also plan to use the six months to look into zoning issues regarding these businesses.

Public reaction to the decision was mixed.

Shirli Moreau, a medical marijuana patient, said, "Now we have nowhere to go. If we do have to go somewhere we have to go back on the street. Who wants to do that?"

Fatima Rodriguez said, "I am actually for medical marijuana but I believe it has to be done the correct way. I believe more policy should be in place, especially for the physicians."

The moratorium means that the town's only medical marijuana business will be required to shut down until further notice.

After discussing some other city items, the council went into a closed session with the business owner to discuss the revocation of his business registration.

The town council had the city attorney present during the meeting and the closed session to discuss implications of the moratorium.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: KXLH
Author: Kay Rossi
Copyright: 2010 KXLH.com

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom