Medical Marijuana Group Denied Permission To Opperate A Vendor Booth

Truth Seeker

A medical marijuana advocacy organization says their application for a booth at a benefit for an environmental organization this Saturday was initially accepted, but that they were then told they would not be allowed to participate.

Chris Butts, the chairman of the Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition, or AMMJC, applied to operate a vendor booth at Avondale Riverfest, a benefit for Black Warrior Riverkeeper being held Saturday, July 21, at Avondale Brewing Company. Riverkeeper is a non-profit organization that works to protect the water quality of the Black Warrior River system.

Butts posted about the denial on various Facebook pages and websites. The posts prompted a call between Butts and Riverkeeper Executive Director Charles Scribner which both described as amicable.

"I respect Chris Butt's group's right to express their opinions, but I felt that having their group at Avondale Riverfest would not be the right fit with our messaging at Black Warrior Riverkeeper," Scribner said. "This was my personal decision and not Avondale Brewing Company's," he said, referring to the venue for Riverfest. "Avondale Brewery is probably not even aware that they even applied for a booth."

Butts said he thought his coalition – which pushes for medical marijuana legislation in the Alabama Legislature – and Riverkeeper would have similar goals. "I don't know anybody that's looking for clean, natural rivers that's also not looking for clean, natural medicine," Butts said.

"He's basically of the mind that us being there at this event will give his organization a black eye and will give people like Drummond Coal ammunition against him," Butts said of Scribner. Butts said there's no hard feelings.

30758a.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: wwntradio.com
Author: wwntradio.com

Back
Top Bottom