Medical Marijuana Patient Fears Federal Changes Could Leave Him Without Meds

The General

An Ottawa man who suffers from PTSD and Fibromyalgia says new rules to Health Canada’s Medical Marijuana Access Restrictions will force him and his wife to pay $82,000 a year for medicine they get for much cheaper today. Russell Barth, a legal, card-carrying medical marijuana user and activist for the drug told Metro he fears the new rules, which will only permit licensed, commercial growers to distribute medical pot, will leave him and his wife without access to their medicine. He worries he will go back to the bottle to fight his pain. “I cannot overstate how scared I am right now,” said Barth, fighting back tears.

“When the symptoms come, they come fast and they come hard and the only rest I’m going to have is alcohol and Robaxacet or anything else I can find at the pharmacy,” he added through sobs. Barth currently buys his meds from a designated grower recognized by Health Canada. But when the new rules come into effect on March 31 of next year, he says he won’t be able to afford to buy from commercial growers the two pounds of pot he says he needs each month. He’s still upset people even need a prescription for medical marijuana. “Pot should be as available as Aspirin. The fact that people have to get a prescription for something that is safer than Coca-Cola and table salt is absurd,” he said. “The fact that anybody has to sign anything to give me permission to use marijuana is, like, cartoon absurd.”

Medical_Cannabis23.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Metronews.ca
Author: Trevor Greenway
Website: Medical marijuana patient fears federal changes could leave him without meds | Metro

Back
Top Bottom