Medical Marijuana

With marijuana despenseries possibly opening in Maine as early as June, the law to govern these shops is in its final stages, thanks to the marijuana task force, the group charged with outlining the law.

While the medical marijuana law could be a doorway to legalized marijuana, many of those who will be using and distributing marijuana say there are so many regulations involved, the law will be bad for business.

Don LaRouche was turned down by several doctors before he was prescribed medical marijuana for his glaucoma. He says,

"Right now, it's tough because doctors don't want to. They're afraid. I don't see it getting any better unless they're forced to do this."

LaRouche says even with the new medical marijuana law, it will be difficult for patients like him to receive a prescription.

Many hospitals, like Acadia Hospital in Bangor won't prescribe smokeable marijuana. Allen Schaffer the Chief Medical Officer there says,

"In some states, there's been much larger scale use then people expected. In others, it hasn't been widely distributed. If they prescribe it, then I expect we'll see more people who have a problem of over use."

Those who don't see marijuana as a threat would like medical marijuana to become a sustainable business. While members of the task force say the law is written to prevent illegal activities, members of the medical marijuana community say the law is too constricting and will hinder the process. All interested parties will have the chance to speak on the topic when the bill reaches the Maine Legislature.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: WABI TV 5
Author: Angela DiMillo
Copyright: 2010 Community Broadcasting Service

Yes,
The ignorant people, and leo will fight to the end , to prevent people from legally getting that KILLER WEED !! I mean, my sister is a professor of history and i know a lot of professors and teachers, and lawyers and they mostly all smoke a little weed once in awhile. Most people who are truly educated, use pot !! Even leo !! Ha !! I think it's about time that we took back America !! Are we going to let 30 per cent of the citizens, tell the other 70 per cent, what is right and wrong ?? But i have noticed that most but not all of the folks, that are fighting us is law inforcement, the judical system, prison guards, and the people who go to church on sunday, and then sin all week !! I just hope the people of Maine, will do the right thing and open up mmj to more people. I have no medical reasons for smoking mj, other than it relaxes me, and what's wrong with that !! And we will use it , no matter what Maines decision is !! As i've been smoking for 55 yrs. !! Ha !! Someday, maybe soon, they'll get around to making it legal in Ma. !! It'll never be legal in N.H., as long as they have the current governor. And I hav'nt heard anything regarding the bill in Ma. !! No news is good news !! I wrote my senators and heard back from 2 of them saying that they'd for sure support mmj. The times , they are a changing folks !! Woopee !!

Back
Top Bottom