Milaukee PH 600

dgaf88

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the Milaukee 600 PH meter..ive been thinking about buying one for a week or so as I am using liquid drops with the ph color card and read on here that this way is not very accurate to measure your ph. If you have had experience please give me the goods and bads. Also i read somewhere on here that you cannot let the tip dry out after use or it renders it useless..true? If the meter is junk please let me know why and also if there is another ph meter for that descent of a price. thanks

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the Milaukee 600 PH meter..ive been thinking about buying one for a week or so as I am using liquid drops with the ph color card and read on here that this way is not very accurate to measure your ph. If you have had experience please give me the goods and bads. Also i read somewhere on here that you cannot let the tip dry out after use or it renders it useless..true? If the meter is junk please let me know why and also if there is another ph meter for that descent of a price. thanks

I had one of those that I used on my first grow a while back and it never seemed to give me accurate readings. I bout it off ebay for $20 or so. However, I only calibrated it to 7.01 stuff and not the 4.01. Someone told me that you have to calibrate the ph meter to both to get accurate readings. Prolly why it didn't work right. I need to find it and test it out, if I can find it.

On the drop tester kit, what a waste of $$$. I heard that once you add nutes to a solution, it messes up the whole color thing. For me, I would always have orange tester and no mater how much ph up or down i used it would always stay orange. Same thing with the soil ph kit.

Ive never had that problem with the test drops or the soil tester. But either way Id rather have a meter for the water but just need to find a descent and reasonably priced one. Now that you bring it up, is there a better way to test the soil ph? As for the run-off, is that as important to be checking?

Almost every pH meter I've encountered in environmental remediation and horticulture required the probe to remain submerged in calibration solution when not in use. Failure to do so is the most likely cause of inaccurate readings and some may require recalibration if not stored properly. As far as soil pH, I find it is only necessary to test runoff if you encounter a problem.

I've also had problems with the cheaper ph meters. I resorted to the test drops, and carried on..however, I've just bought another test drop outfit, and it gave different readings from the first one! A good half- to one point difference in the readings. It transpires that I've been working with the wrong ph.
I do have a decent digital ph meter, and it tallies with the last test drop outfit I bought - so I'm back on track now, but I'm only about 4 weeks away from harvest.
Checking ph against colour strips is bound to be inaccurate, when the water is coloured with nutrients - is it not?

This is my first grow, 6 plants, and before I started, I spent a LOT of time on here, reading and learning, determined not to make any mistakes.

I made loads! Overheating, due to inaccurate digital meters, incorrect ph, using fans that were too powerful for the filter, and so on...!
However, second grow is on the way, and it'll be better than the first. I'll mprobably make a few more different mistakes this time around. It's called "learning"!

I sell 100 or so a month and have very few brought back. I use one in the shop and it has been working for over a year without a problem

Back
Top Bottom