Mile High Hello

MyOwnClone

Hi all, just got my doctor's rec for MMJ.
I'm in the USA, my state is getting very progressive, :cheer:

Now I'm gearing up for my first grow - with plans to become a really excellent caregiver in the future for other MMJ users.
I've been reading grow journals and Cervante's stuff, now I'm getting really psyched to start!

Peace -

Good luck from a CO patient/caregiver. Love CO mmj scene, theres alot of great ppl here that are ready to help you become sucessful. What strains you plannin on growin?

I'm partial to WW myself - but want a nice, well-balanced grow room for patients, too.

Looking around at BC Seeds, going to look at clones too. Getting a little overwhelmed at the varieties available - a nice problem to have, right?

Any suggestions, I'd love to hear. Right now I have zero ego as a newbie.

I went to the Cannabis Convention in Denver a couple of weeks ago, am in the process of uploading some pics I snapped there. What a great time, good people.

Now, if I could only get a Golden Ticket for Aspen this weekend..... ;)

Didn't make it to the convention but one of my patients did, they said it was awesome and they even won a 7.3 gram nug. WW is a great strain, never grown it myself, i'm in the last week of my Durban Poison grow, I LOVE that strain, its an 8 week flower time and its sooooo easy to grow.

garagepic3.jpg

garagepic6.jpg

garagepic7.jpg

First pic is week 5. Second pic is week 6. and the last two are from yesterday week 7

I just noticed on the 3rd pic down of the nug if you look to the left on the pic you can see my 420 joint. lol. Its half durban poison half K2 and I mixed in hash with it too. its been on my plant for a couple days and its already completly covered with crystals. Should be a great 420 joint.

Hi MyOwnClone, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums. :welcome:
I'm glad you decided to join us. :grinjoint:
If you need seeds please check out our trusted sponsors.
You can't go wrong with any of our sponsors.
:thanks: for joining us. We are glad you have.
Looking forward to see your medical grows.
I'll see you in the forums.
:peace:

What is up MyOwnClone?
Great to have you with us here at 420. :welcome:
Thanks for the pics of the Convention, Looks like a great time.
You are going to like here, My Friend.
That is the fun part pickin' your Strains to start.
Been smokin' White Rhino...Great for pain 4 sure.
Any Questions about 420? Lookin' for some Info? We can help.
We all want you to enjoy all that we have here.
Hope you think about startin' a Grow Journal to share with us all. ;)
Happy Growin' and we will be lookin' for you in the forums..Ok? :thumb:
Later. :roorrip: :peace:

So.... now that it's 4/21, I can concentrate on setting up my first grow.

I hold a MMJ doctor's rec (we sent all the paperwork in to the state yesterday, :smokin:) and so does my better half. So I can have 12 plants growing - legally - here.

I have a few friends who want me to be their caregiver, too - one has MS, another with breast cancer/going thru chemo. Couple others with anxiety and depression who have been on SSRIs forever and they aren't working.

So, with that in mind - want to buy a grow tent for my basement and two 600W switchable ballasts (MH and HPS). Can't afford to rough in a room (it's a concrete unfinished basement) right now, my startup budget is about $1000.

Here's the tent (96x48x78", mylar interior, $170+ shipping, tax - from LED Wholesalers) I am thinking of: Amazon: 100% Reflective Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent, Non Toxic Hydro Dark Room Box Hut, 96"x48"x78"

Here are the lights - going to get 2 x 600 Watt ($229 each) for the tent instead of one 1000 Watt - Amazon: 600 Watt 600W Electronic Digital Switchable Ballast Grow Light Set Includes HPS, MH Bulbs, Reflector, Power Cord and Hanger

And, of course, I need venting, fans, carbon filter, pH meter, all that good stuff. Lots of work this month! Will take pics and start a grow journal as I go, you bet.

So - am I on the right track here with the grow room and lights? (Please realize that I'm on a pretty tight budget and can't afford top of the line equipment - yet. )

You are surely on the right track. Are you planin on hydro or soil? With $1000 you can def get all the equipment you need. I spent around $800 for everything i needed in my 4X8 flower room.

I would love to try hydro from the get-go. I don't want to have to haul all that Fox Farms up and down my basement stairs (!)

- but it's the $$$, plus I'm a little worried that if I screw up one pH or ppm reading I could kill all my ladies.

I'm thinking that soil is more forgiving for a newbie. Yes? No?

Plus, I've never come close to the actual plants - only known MJ as the end product, you know?

I want to learn this lovely plant in soil first, then move on to bigger/faster/better after we're well acquainted.

Wow, never heard of this before. Amazing stuff there.

I like the idea you can recycle/reuse the perlite, too.

The less stuff that I have to throw out, the better. Although I was planning to bring the FF dirt up and out, so I could use it in my tomato and veggie garden...

Personally I have never grown in soil so I'm prob not the best to ask if its easier than hydro. The start up cost can be expensive but like i said i set up my 4x8 flower room for $800, just make your own ebb flow trays and that saves you hundreds right there. The best thing IMO about hydro is if you do mess up your nute's all you have to do is pour out the res and start fresh, the faster growth rate is awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom