Mimmic nature better

Mr. Spacely

So I, as well as probably everyone else, have read about the idea of mimicking nature as best you can for indoor grows. These babies thrive at their greatest in the great outdoors, so if we can make them feel more at home it should only benefit, right? I got to thinking about simple things that could be done.. and what about drifting into flower instead of switching all at once? If you tone down the hours of light gradually instead of all at once could that tell the plant that it should switch to flower soon, and take less time to actually start flowering once the dark hours reach 12? Could this make a 10 week flower strain only take 9 weeks of flowering to ripen? Or would it still take 10 weeks but it reaches peak bloom sooner and will be sustained for a longer period of time than normal? Either one would be beneficial. But maybe it doesn't do anything at all.. Does anyone know for sure?

Even if it doesn't affect the plant during veg couldn't it still affect the plant during flower? like pounding it with 12/12 for 5-6-7 weeks (shit i dunno) then when you're finishing up the last 2-3-4 weeks start plucking one tick on the light timer to increase darkness 15 mins once or twice a week? or whatever would be closest to nature ya know? Maybe it could send signals to the plant and mess with bud and trichome production levels and give the plant the same mixture you'd get from an outdoor plant.

Just something i was thinking about. If anyone has tried this they should hit up a reply. And if anyone has other prospective ideas or actual methods in use to better simulate cannabis growing naturally they should definitely chime in!

Roll one,
Mr. Spacely

Back
Top Bottom