Minor problem!

Lgormley

I'm growing 1 plant from seed. It's on day 17 of flower. It has not started forming buds yet but I do see pistils. The problem is that my grow area is restricted and the plant only has about 14 more inches until it hits the light. I'm not sure what to do because I know it's going to grow more than 14 inches before its time to harvest. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

ty it down that should solve your problem. then just keep tying it down as it grows, will end up getting more good fat nugs as well

The problem with that is I also have width restrictions. I can't believe how much it has stretched since switching to 12/12

Guess its more than a minor problem then, what kind of light are you using. So if you are using florescent you will be able to get alot closer tying down would still be best option make it wrap around or whatever. You could also take off the top 6 or eight inches and use as a clone if you have room for a clone

Yea you're right kinda major problem I guess. Lol I'm using 250 watt hps. The only other option I can think of is moving setup into garage but I'm worried about night temps getting too low

Is it an air cooled light? If not keep a fan blowing on the top. 250 isn't that hot. I know a lot of people say to keep your lights away from your grow by so many inches depending on watts. I have aircooled 1000w and my plants are only a few inches away. It doesn't sound like you have much of a choice so I would say move your light as close as you can to your plant now to reduce the stretch as much as possible and see what it will tolerate at the same time. How cold does it get at night in your garage? Next grow you may want to schedule your grow so lights are on at night.

Yea I'm pretty stuck. I do have it air-cooled. Right now the light is ~10" so I will lower it to about 4 or 5? And see how she reacts. Night temps in the garage have been getting as low as 35. I have beating myself up for not having the lights on at night.
I appreciate your help

You can shift the light period to have them on at night. Shift the time by one hour each day.
This will give the plant 1 extra hour of dark each cycle until you get it where you want it.
You can even leave them on the 11/13 time if you want. I've done it many times and the plants didn't skip a beat.
A tip I got from here about the stretch is to add a bright white cfl to your other light. Slows the stretch down.

You can shift the light period to have them on at night. Shift the time by one hour each day.
This will give the plant 1 extra hour of dark each cycle until you get it where you want it.
You can even leave them on the 11/13 time if you want. I've done it many times and the plants didn't skip a beat.
A tip I got from here about the stretch is to add a bright white cfl to your other light. Slows the stretch down.

I did the same thing to my first grow and they turned to Hermis. Maybe it was something else after all that turned them.

Thanks for that tip. I'm going to give that a try. I really won't be too disappointed if it turns out to be a hermie. I will still get some bud plus some fem seeds. It's a win win in my case since its only my first grow lol

I did the same thing to my first grow and they turned to Hermis. Maybe it was something else after all that turned them.

It's possible the change was the cause.
Some here say a variation of as little as 5 minutes will result in a high chance of a hermie.
Seems to me all of those gas light guys would be having hermies all over the place if they were that delicate.
I've been doing it for decades with no problems on sativa. Maybe they are tougher than indica.
I do it nearly every grow to help control heat issues in the summer and winter.
I had one hermie over the years and I'm pretty sure it was due to me cutting on it too much and excessive heat.
The way I look at it is it isn't much different than a heavy cloud cover at sunup delaying the morning light.

It's possible the change was the cause.
Some here say a variation of as little as 5 minutes will result in a high chance of a hermie.
Seems to me all of those gas light guys would be having hermies all over the place if they were that delicate.
I've been doing it for decades with no problems on sativa. Maybe they are tougher than indica.
I do it nearly every grow to help control heat issues in the summer and winter.
I had one hermie over the years and I'm pretty sure it was due to me cutting on it too much and excessive heat.
The way I look at it is it isn't much different than a heavy cloud cover at sunup delaying the morning light.

Unless you can reproduce the issue it is hard to say what causes it and who has the time or money to do that kind of study? Also the sun raises and sets at different times every day.I may be guilty of passing on bad info who knows.

Back
Top Bottom