Minor pest problem

Hythlodaeus

420 Member
Hi folks, happy new year

I am about half way through a small personal grow at the moment, all the plants are a few weeks into flowering got maybe 5 weeks left roughly and i just noticed a little bug problem on the leaves.

I have 7 small plants in total, some cheese /white widow and a couple random ones and one regular moonshine a few weeks old which i noticed the bugs on first when i was doing some LST and looking for pre flowers.

Little white larvae on the undersides on the leaves a few of the plants, i thought it was a little nutrient or maybe pH issue on my part so had a better look the other day and noticed the little buggers. You can see the little zig zag lines where they have been eating the leaves

There's not many yet only the odd on on some leaves but not all - havent noticed any flies around the grow room or any other bugs until now. Got a fan blowing at low speed constantly to try keep pests away.

I'm hoping they dont multiple or eat into the growing bud- being so far along the grow i would hate to lose plants - but never had this problem before so not sure - only over had small black flies once.

I have some bug spray this stuff BugClear Fruit and Veg Gun 800 ml : Amazon.co.uk: Garden

i have tried it on the regular plant that is in Veg to see how it reacts will check tomorrow see if its killed the little beasties, but not sure if its OK to use on plants that are flowering, says you should wash your fruit before eating it, which is a little difficult with weed :)

Not sure if they bugs are Aphids or not. Do you guys think this spray i have would be OK to use on the flowering plants? Might be hard to avoid contact with bud sites. Do aphids eat the buds or just turn into little flies?

Thanks for any advice.

20190101_001534.jpgInked20181231_013604_LI.jpgCapturekvhnfynfy.PNG

Looks like thrips. Annoying. They feed on the chlorophyll. Smush them or maybe spray the undersides or the leaves with water. A fan under the canopy moving things around really pisses them off and makes it hard for them to do their thing.

I’ve never used that product so I’m not much help. If you do need to clean your stash there are helpful instructions here.

Bud Washing

Yeah think your right had a little look on this site Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis looks like them

Doesnt say alot about what damage they can do - just they eat the leaves abit then turn into black flies.

That spray stuff i have seems to work , the spray guns crap so think ill pour some out and wash the leaves with it.

Might take of some big leaves too.

Hate bugs :(

Thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom