MMJ - The Smoother-Outer

Katelyn Baker

I hear the AUMA has made it to the ballot. Which way are you leaning? - Imonda Phince

The Adult Use of Marijuana Act has made it to the ballot. California voters will get a chance to join Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Alaska by legalizing recreational marijuana use for adults. Other states with adult use initiatives on the ballot this year are: Maine, Massachusetts, Arizona (most likely signatures are being counted as we go to press), and Nevada.

I am going to support AUMA and do all that I can to get this initiative passed. It isn't perfect but it's really good, and it's high time for California retake its proper place as a leader in the recreational cannabis industry. I have traveled extensively through Washington, Oregon and Colorado, and I have to tell you that the freedom (and money) that come with cannabis legalization are incredible. If the AUMA does pass, it doesn't mean our jobs as activists are done. The AUMA is just a step - a big step, but AUMA isn't the end of the line for cannabis activism.

Last time a legalization initiative was on the ballot, friendships were lost. Let's all try to remember that no matter what side we are on, we all want what is best for the cannabis plant. So everyone stay polite, be nice, smoke weed and vote!

What's the biggest epiphany you've had while under the influence of cannabis? - Coffeeshop Christiana

I am not sure if pot if really is an epiphany-giver like, say, LSD or psilocybin. I don't think I have had any thoughts while stoned that were mind-blowing or life-changing, but when I am high, I generally have a pretty good time. Weed, at least for me, is more of a flavor enhancer and a smoother-outer. Cannabis reminds me it is easier to be kind than it is to be mean.

What do you think is going to happen to Dabbenport? - Livermore Larry

No idea. To sum up: The folks at Dabbenport (Winners of the 2016 High Times Cannabis Cup for best concentrates) were arrested last month by the Livermore police. They face multiple felony charges for manufacture and sale of cannabis. Alameda County (not Oakland - Oakland is awesome) has been against medical cannabis since forever. Hopefully Dabbenport's lawyers can get the charges dropped. I wonder if Alameda will continue to prosecute if AUMA passes.

psych.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: MMJ - The Smoother-Outer
Author: Ngaio Bealum
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom