Monterey Could Open Arms To Marijuana Clinics

Jacob Bell

The city of Monterey is drafting an ordinance that could allow for the operation of medical marijuana clinics.

The move comes as the city continues its battle with My Caregiver cannabis club for violating an order to stop dispensing marijuana.

Representatives from Monterey and My Caregiver were in a county courtroom Wednesday, where the city asked a judge to hold the clinic in contempt of court for violating a court order to halt the dispensing of marijuana.

But Monterey may soon become the first city in the county that allows medical marijuana clinics.

"I'm proud of fact that we didn't shut the door and just say no, because it's not black and white," said Monterey Councilman Frank Sollecito. "I do believe it's gray, and when it's gray you need to take your time and make right decision."

Brenda Carr, a My Caregiver board member, said she doesn't think the city is acting in good faith, and is just putting up a smoke screen by showing interest in allowing medical marijuana dispensaries.

"I do not believe at this point they're truly interested," Carr said.

The City Council could start debating the ordinance that would allow medical marijuana dispensaries as early as this spring.

News Hawk- GuitarMan313 420 MAGAZINE
Source: ksbw.com
Copyright: Hearst Stations Inc.

Back
Top Bottom