Montreal's 'Jean-Guy'

Weed Farmer

There is this great strain going around the island of Montreal call 'Jean-Guy' which is like our 'John Doe' and was wondering if anyone had any information on the strain?

From what I could tell it had some U.K. Cheese undertones but couldnt tell with what it could have been crossed. Im no connoisseur so I could be wrong. Il do some more research myself and keep posting what I find.

Feel free to post what you know, or think you know, and il do the same!

Peace:peace:

I have been into a regular supply of Jean-Guy, and it is one of my favorites.
While searching, I found this post:

with an unconfirmed suggestion that Jean Guy = White Widow x Skunk #1.
I can believe the white widow genetics, as tropical strains have been, errr, 'effective' for me in the past.

As for the Skunk #1 lineage, I can definately smell the "pencil shavings" aroma I've found in Skunk #1, which I have also found in Friesland, and some others in Eastern Ontario.

I don't taste, smell, or detect any Cheese taste to it. The few (glorious) occassions I've had (uk)cheeses the aroma and taste were very distinct to me, it has a "funk" that Jean-Guy doesn't. Jean-Guy on its own has a unique flavor, one of my top 5 fav strains.

Great topic!

From what I've read Jean-Guy is a clone-only strain which originates from the Montreal Compassion Club ( A sort of clandestine medical cannabis dispensary). It is said that a man brought a very special White Widow to the club and donated it. A senior member, Jean-Guy, then bred it with a skunk#1 to give us Jean-Guy. I live in Quebec city, and frequently do the 2.5 hour drive down to Montreal to see friends, family and to pick up some Jean-Guy hehe. Being clone-only would explain the fact it's only available (from what I've heard) in Quebec and parts of Ontario.

Agreed great Topic!

For a little more info : Affects Interest Rates

Back
Top Bottom