More noob Questions

Jamers

Thinking about upgrading my lighting situation
Currently have one 400 W HPS and some flouros
Grow room is 4x5.5x7.5 ft
4 plants DWC bubbler buckets 20L pails
300 CFM inline exhaust fan

Its cold where i live now and getting colder so keeping the room cool shouldnt be an issue if i bring in cold air from outside(i think)
Considering putting an intake with a fan on a thermostat, for now its just using the air in the house
It would involve drilling a hole in the side of the house but theres already intake for hot water heater and intake/exhaust for furnace there so it would blend right in

Would it make more sense to get one 600W HPS and not use the 400 or buy another 400W HPS and run two x 400W HPS
oooooor just stop messing around and get a 1000W lol

Looking at getting an RO filter today rather than buying jugs of water
Do i need to add cal and mag to the water ?

Also I have a 100lbs Co2 tank that im thinking about using :) (got it by accident, they were supposed to give me shielding gas for a mig welder), is it worth spending the money on a proper digital Co2 monitor ? prob a dumb question but anyway
Planning on making a solenoid valve on a timer

:thanks:

Hey jamer...what's good!!!....well if you could by all means get another light....I would get the 600....plus you've already got that 400.... It would be great to have two in there with one 600hps and one 400 MH burning at the same time...PROVIDING you can handle the heat.....using R/O water doesn't require you to continuously add cal/mag....only here and there....you'll fit it Into your nute sched for sure.... And what a score on the damn co2 tank...nice work my man....you can find those gauges all over eBay...or even craigslist...depending on your area....:ciao:

Hey man, just shopping for RO filters and read read reading all we can, just about to start a grow journal too.
Luckily were off work for a while so not much to do other than learn and improve on our room, surf and be bums

The money is not really a big deal i guess, i figure if im going to put the time in and do a grow i might as well do as best I can, at this point whats another couple $ hundred :winkyface:
Out side temps 5C and will start to get a lot colder soon (were in canada), the room is inside our house in the basement which has central heat/A/C so i dont see why we wouldnt be able to keep things cool. If i have to ill get a window AC unit

How would u suggest arranging the lights with a MH and HPS?
Would u run a 400W MH and 600W HPS vs a 400W HPS and 600W HPS?
We tested it with the 400MH at first (oooops lol) and temps were no problem, and that was with the ballast in the room, which im going to move outside.
I think the 600 and a 400 would require pulling cold air in from outside but that will give me a good excuse to drill some holes in my house.

Ideally id like to bring in cold air from outside and augment with co2 so as little venting as possible would be better no ?

Yo jamers are you running cooled hoods?....I was asuming you were....if so I would connect both to the Inline fan and pull out the heat from both lamps together...If you can draw In fresh air from outside then hell ya do it.....make sure you filter and screen it....You know about the lamps...I have only used hps....a grow partner of mine uses both 1000 hps and 1000Mh and its wonderful....I'm changing mine now as well to 400 of each...You will also need to be venting if your going to use all kinds of co2.

No probs my man...anytime I can help....I would seriously look into cooltube or cooled hoods...it will make you life so much easier....if you've got a few bux I would spend it on them.....I will def. Follow your new grow my man....good luck...:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom