Can anybody please help me? Thanks! :)

Deejay

Hiya boys and girls, a question to pick your brains! I recently set up a new room which is a 1.2m X 2.4m & 2m high tent with 2 600W HPS lights with normal magnetic ballasts. Intake is an RVK 125 and extract is an RVK 200 with rhino carbon filter to match. The fans are run by the SMS twin fan controller. Now heres whats pissing me off...the temps are reaching 32 degrees! The sms controller seems to be doing its job because you can see the tent is being sucked in from the outside and trying to get the temp down. The intake is drawing air in from the upstairs landing because i cannot get a fresh air intake. A mate of mine runs 2 400w hps fittings with dig ballasts with sms twin controller with same intake but he gets temps at around 26-27 which is the same size tent! Am i right in taking back the 600W lights for 400W's?? Help would be mostly appreciated!!! Thanks again everyone!!

Re: **Can anybody please help me? Thanks! :)

My question would be where are you venting the hot air?? are you venting it to the same room as your grow tent? if so this will cause a rise in the ambiant air temp and raise your temp in your tent. You may want to put some photo's up to help us get a better idea of your setup...

The tent is inside a bedroom, 200ml hole drilled out of the wall for exhaust ventilation, the extractor and carbon filter are in the top left hand corner and the intake fan is outside of the tent pushing air in from the hall way outside of the bedroom, the bedroom door is always open but obviously it's summer here and the temp outside is around 19-24 degrees

I should imagine the SMS would work better if the lights weren't as powerful, and then it would tell the fans to slow down to keep temps up instead of being on full whack trying to get it down? It's really getting on my tits

I didn't notice if you were in veg or flowering, but if you are in veg, you can try the Gas Lamp Routine, which will save on some energy and light usage for you...not to sure if it will help all that much for the heat, but it may reduce it slightly...

Also, if you can on your next cycle...run your lights during the nighttime instead of daytime hours... will also help reduce the heat..

You might even want to try ramping your lights...so one light fires up for half of the daylight cycle, and the other comes on a little before "midday" and rides out the rest of the day... so you only have 2 or 3 hours of both lights running... ?? might help..

Thanks for the reply mate. Im not in anything at the min, im jus testing it all, probs a stupid question but do you think with the girls in there it would reduce temps a bit? Thanks again

just changed the 600s today for 400s with dig ballasts. see what luck we have here then! the guy said the sms fan controller wouldnt work properly because of the 24 degrees coming into the tent...

Back
Top Bottom