I Cant get my temps down? help please

eazygrow

Hello good people.

Im a beginner at this, i have done everything as i have been told but my temp is still between 31-32 and has been over 32

I have a dr240 tent, 20 plants under 2 600w MH lights growing in coco. i got these plants as rooted cuttings and most of them seem to be doing okish some of the older leaves are yellowish but some of the cuttings dont look to healthy. considering the temps. I have a 6" outake and intake. the outake vents to a window and the intake takes from a cool area, i have 6 clip on fans circulating the air around also. i have a twin fan controller and have set the neg pressure setting to 90% but this hasnt helped. ive set the fan controller temp to as low as 22 but getting nowher near it
What can i do? cheapest options preferred as running out of cash
also the humidity this evening read at 30%?
Thanks in advance

Eazy

Re: I Cant get my temps down?? help please

Cheap and easy hmmm....

You could freeze plastic pop bottles filled with water and placed in front of fans or intakes. This might not be cheap for some because the deposit is 20 cents but if that is cheap enough then it would work. Try having 2 sets and just swap each day when lights come on. You could have dozens if ya want.

Just my 2 cents.

Jonny

u want a smaller intake than outtake. passive intake, in otherwords no fan blowing in. where do u extract to? and where do u intake from? ur leaves shouldnt be yellowing in veg at any point, what is ur ph? 5,6 in veg os ideal. the prob is most likely ur out take but i need more detrails and pics if poss.

Air cooled hoods/reflectors will help bring the temps down but adds cost !

Hot air rise's & cold air sinks, extraction or carbon filter should be hung at top of tent.

I believe DR tents have velcro passive vents around the bottom of the sides might want to open these up.

Might want a humidifier to help raise humidity also... if living in a dry part of the world.

Need more info about cuttings tho before suitable advice can be offered.

ok vegging + too hot+ too dry+ too skint to pay = spray bottles of water :rofl:
cheap enough for ya =D

spraying fine water mist will up your humidity (you need it 50-80% in veg) and the evaporation of water will help a little bit to cool things down. having a dry room that needs humidity boosting is a bonus when it comes to flower time as during flower you need a low humidity of 30-50%...so all you have to do is stop spraying.

cooltubes is definatly your best option if you have the cash.

you need to think of your grow room as 3 distinct layers, soil layer, plant layer and lights layer.
more often than not the 3 layers need different conditions, especially when going to hydroponic or similar.

cool tubes act as a barrier between the normal temprature of the air at plant level and the super heated air caused by close proximity to the light.

in an ideal world plant layer air and light layer air are managed seperatly. one possibility that may be a cheap stop gap measure but poses a slight fire risk if not done precisely, a simple sheet of transparent plastic an inch or two above foliage level seperating the 2 layers physically. then move only what air is needed at plant level and use everything else you have at your disposal to vent the light layer...this tiny little alteration to your air managment could drastically change your weather for the better....just dont melt the plastic!

Make both your fans blow out. Or suck the air out. The intakes will provide air all by themselves. You don't need a fan blowing air in. See if this helps.

Back
Top Bottom