Projected New Grow - Help - Input Required - Does this sound like a good start?

stonerheid

im looking at Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk feminized seeds(luv the thc lev) in a 2.4m w 2.0m h and 1.2m d grow tent hoping to set up a 6 x Ikon DWC OxyPot Single Unit Kit Pump Hydor Ario 2 & Pebbles Oxy Pot Bubbler with a 600w dual spec hps with side supporting 2 x 300w blu cfl(gro) then changing to red cfl,s in flowering 2 x tower fans , 5"rvk fans intake and a 6"rhino filter(6"rvk) in tent advanced nutrients jungle juice, voodo an l8r bud candy, can you see any obvoius problems here?? maybe 600w to high with other lites? should i drop to a 400w an 5" rhino an 4" intake(live in a flat so smell and noise a concern) any advice would be greatly appreciated

I would get an air cooled hood, a 6" fan with a controller, and the 6" filter. By the time you buy all of the reducers you might as well have bought the bigger fan. If you want to drop lighting, I would drop some CFL wattage before the HID's, unless you weren't going to air cool. Sounds like you will have a nice setup! The 6" fan turned down should be quieter than a 4" at full blast, and you can always buy or make a duct silencer.

Welcome to 420 Magazine, be sure to check out How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Thanks alot m8 uve made perfect sence, now looking at the AEROWING Air Cooled Reflector, i debated the Air Cooled Diamond Hydroponics Grow Light but only seems to use extraction rather than a sealed pull/push config, hope ive made the right choice,and yeh going with all 6" with fan controllers,i will stik with the 2 cfl,s because im worried the area coverage from the reflecter wont cover sides of tent with it being wide at 2.4 m(and should be able 2 get light closer to lights thanks 2 air cooling of bulb)

Thanks 4 all the input guys ,doing the hx wx d calculation on my tent area i need 270 cub feet fans lookin at
Rhino Pro 6" 6 inch Carbon Filter Kit RVK A1 Fan and Hydroponic In Line Fan for Rhino Mountain Air Can fans rated at 495cf so hoping to run them at half to 3/4,s speed 2 cut down on noise? this be ok? tent is 2.4m h 2.0m h an 1.6m depth

Well, remember the faster a fan turns the louder it is... HOWEVER, I have a 190CFM fan running at full speed, and the loudest part of it it the exhaust. it has a vibro sleeve, bushing mounts, and makes very little noise itself...

I would suggest a SMALLER can filter. Running a bigger can will not give you better efficiency. Get a can rated near the max of your fan, and you can turn it down safely to half and not lose efficiency. Can filters are rated for a range of airspeed. Lower or higher that that range and you will suffer. They don't advertize this, but it's true. Too slow and the filter doesn't do it's job, too fast, and it CAN'T because air is moving too fast. Usually the minimum is roughly 55% of listed rating.

270 CFM fan through a 495 CFM can you would not be able to turn the fan down to reduce vibration noise. 495CFM x .55 = 272.25CFM. But keep in mind that 24kph wind is not silent at all.

As long as you are happy with it and it fits your setup than it is the right choice. There is a way to make a fan controller, I believe it is in the how to grow thread. I was given one, so I haven't looked at this thread yet. Air cooled hoods are great for getting the light close. My veg light is only about 6" from the top of the plants and they are doing fine.

hehe more and more to think about, i was hoping to use larger/faster fans slowed with controllers,but have the option 2 turn up 2 deal with humidity/temps, would this not be more flexable than a preset slower fan? i will reduce my can down though(and save £££) u mention veg light i was going 2 use a sun master dual hp2 600w supported with 2x 200w cfl blue for veg then change to red cfls, in flow? this sound ok? and THANKS AGAIN 4 your speedy replies

"Dimmable" fan is good, but in that size tent 240 - 320 is adequate. Dimmed or not airflow is never silent. You can dampen vibration noise, but airflow at 320CFM through a 6" port will be more than just a whisper.

Just make sure you do one of two things:
  1. Hang your can from the ceiling and run it through the lights.
  2. Have one filtered extraction fan, and one lights fan pulling air from outside the tent.

In either case, you will want your can mounted ABOVE the lights to draw warm air out of the tent and keep things cool. A good practice is to open a passive air vent on the opposite side from the can and seal all others on the same side,(excepting the ventilation for the lights) to pull cool air across your plants and then out from the top warm air.

cool il drop down on the cfm and did intend having a separate fan extract on can an a independent on lights(from wot i can gather if i pull through filter then lights it would increase the air temp b4 it hit the light box) so best if both on sep fans/outtakes? option2 sounds better! and thanks again dude x

Back
Top Bottom