Mother Advocates For Charlotte's Web To Help Ailing Child

Katelyn Baker

Two years ago, Governor Rick Scott signed a bill into law legalizing a strain of marijuana for patients with chronic seizures and cancer.

Since the ink on the bill dried, growers have not produced the plant in the northwest Florida area.

Two years after standing next to Governor Scott as he signed the bill into law, the Moseley family is still waiting for the benefits.

"Because of her, I mean this is all about (RayAnn)," said Holley Moseley. "She knows it, she's my child and you do what you have to do for your child."

For most of her life, RayAnn Moseley has suffered with life-threatening epileptic seizures.

"We have been told many times say your goodbyes, this could be the end. as a parent you are not willing to hear that or give up," Holley Moseley explained.

Pills, diets, even a medical device in the little girls chest: the family has tried almost everything to keep their daughter alive, except for a strain of cannibis called Charlotte's Web.

After seeing the positive affect of the drug on Charlotte, the girl who the strain of marijuana is named after, she believes it could help RayAnn.

that is why she was so excited to see the state legislature pass a medicinal marijuana bill two years ago

"We all cheered and thought 'oh my gosh,' it provided so much hope to families, like finally," Moseley said.

But getting cannabis oil for from one of the legal clinics has been impossible.

Two of the five approved clinics did not meet standards to grow the cannabis.

A sixth company in Jacksonville wants to grow the special blend, but its been an uphill battle.

They filed a lawsuit against the Florida Department of Health to earn the right to produce Charlottes Web.

So next Wednesday she will go to Tallahassee and give her testimony on medicinal marijuana and build the case for what she calls her daughters chance at a normal life.

"Rayann needs to try this, like she deserves the right to try this."

CharWeb.png

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Mother Advocates For Charlotte's Web To Help Ailing Child
Author: Christopher Saul
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom