Moving on up

clever

my basement just freed up, and I'll be cutting it in 3rds I was wondering, I'm going from 2 600 and a 400, to 4 600 and a 400. how much more do you think it wil cost, I don't want to draw attention to my bill, unfortunatly I live in a politically challenged state. say a prayer. anyway, I'm losing a wall unit ac and a 4 gl. dehumidifier.my new area has kick ass exhaust and intake. any suggestions would be apreciated

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just looking @ this from a certain point of view. Anything more then one light I believe is easily noticable. Now will someone notice is a different story. I'm sure there are growers on these forums in non-medical states growing with more lights then you're saying here.

So I don't doubt it can be pulled off, just saying I feel it is noticable. However if you do not have smart meters or something similar you maybe alright. A new office, freezer in the garage, surround sound system, jacuzzi could all add as much wattage to a bill as what you're speaking of.

my basement just freed up, and I'll be cutting it in 3rds I was wondering, I'm going from 2 600 and a 400, to 4 600 and a 400. how much more do you think it wil cost, I don't want to draw attention to my bill, unfortunatly I live in a politically challenged state. say a prayer. anyway, I'm losing a wall unit ac and a 4 gl. dehumidifier.my new area has kick ass exhaust and intake. any suggestions would be apreciated
No they wont notice a thing. Power co. bill by the kilowatt hr. On the average its around 9 to 15 cents per kwhr. And your only talking bout adding i lilk over a kw of power usage. Factor in watt your taking away, you will p[rob run the same or hard to believe less. Those window units and dehumidifiers usually use a good bit of power

Here is an explination to help you figure out your own usage...
I found the formula... this assumes $0.12 per KW hour price... (If you pay a different amount change the formula below)

Explination = Watts used by device (a 400 watts HPS) X hours used over the course of a month = total watt hours
Example = 400 watts x 24 hours/day x 30.5 days/month = 292,800 Total Watt-hours

Explination = now you have to convert Wh (watt hours) to kWh (kilowatt hours) Wh / 1000 = kWh
Example = 292,800 Wh / 1000 Wh = 293 kWh

Explination = now take you kWH and multiply it by the price you pay your electric provider
Eample = 293 kWh x 12¢/kWh = $35.16/mo.; $422/yr.

When you buy electricity they charge you by the kilowatt-hour (kWh). When you use 1000 watts for 1 hour, that's a kilowatt-hour.

No they wont notice a thing. Power co. bill by the kilowatt hr. On the average its around 9 to 15 cents per kwhr. And your only talking bout adding i lilk over a kw of power usage. Factor in watt your taking away, you will p[rob run the same or hard to believe less. Those window units and dehumidifiers usually use a good bit of power

He won't have a lil over a KWH, he would be looking at almost 3 KWH

at any rate it will be 3/4 of that at 18/6. I also found out that I do not have a smart meter, because I looked into something called flex pay, and I'm not eligible unless I opt for one. Thanks for alll your inut. nice lookin out

Back
Top Bottom