Single 600W or 2 X 400W?

outdoorsalway

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking and studying for a month or so in preparation for my first grow around the beginning of May. I've learned a lot from this site and continue to learn more and more every day.

I'm at the point right now where I want to start purchasing some of my gear and was wondering which lighting route to go with.

My space will be 8' X 4', with a height of 7'. The actual growing area will be
4' X 4'

Ventilation is/will not be a problem. The area has vented access from outside that I will use to draw in fresh air, and exhaust will be through an old unused chimney. Haven't decided on one of two DYI charcoal filters yet, but am always open to suggestions from this knowledgeable crowd.

So, do I go with 2 - 400 watt dimmable MH/HPS air cooled, or a single 600 Watt air cooled dimmable MH/HPS.

Thanks to anyone that chimes in.

i am using one 1000 watt light per 4 x 4 area..... i did this because the core coverage area is 4 x 4 for a 1000 watter...also the cost of a 600 vs 1000 was like 15.00, the two 400 watt setup with cost almost twice as much as the 600 setup...all that being said....if money was no concern the 2 x 400 would be better light coverage than the 600.....while costing almost twice as much.... if i were you i would go with a 1000 watt set up

1000w got my vote, I was just in his shoes a month back.

600w,^ then add another one later on down the road.

That's what I'm doing next grow, in fall^^

Back
Top Bottom