My 1st grow ever - Questions about coco coir & organic feeding

NewGrawer

Hello Everyone, just like my username state I am starting my first GROW

here is my setup

Grow Area: In Small closest (L: 62cm/25Inch W: 30cm/12inch H: 62cm/25inch) surrounded by reflective materials similar to the one that is used on the car front windshield

Plant: started from an unknown strain seed - Hopefully she will be a LADY.

Age: I would say 18 days since she developed her first fan leaf.(the round one not the pointy)

Light: 2x45Watt 6500K CFL + 2x36Watt 6400K automotive LED with high lux in the area near the planet + 4x full spectrum 12(actual) Watt led

Light Cycle: 16/8

Ventilation: 2 main 12VDC Fan 0.68A for intake and exhaust (will be upgrade 2 3A (200CFM) tomorrow or the day after) plus 2x0.68A Fan under the 2 cfl to push the hot air up.

Temp around 30C and humidity maybe 70% (will correct the exact humidity on the next light ON cycle)

Soil: coco coir mixed with perlite (I would say 80:20 ratio) in 3 Gallon bucket (I think)

Feeding: Compost tea air bubbled for a 6 days and its made of 1 tbsp. RED SEAL Blackstrap Molasses + 100Gram of Earthworm Castings + 5 tbsp. (full like a pyramid) of Asian seabird guano in one Gallon distilled water (ppm under 100 PH 7.xx) I balanced the PH with 2~3 drops of White vinegar (not sure if this is right, as I have heard that vinegar would kill the micro-live in the Compost tea)

Feeding time: I would say once every 5~6 days depends on when the 1st inch on coco get dry)

Progress: very SLOW but I only moved her into the 3 Gallon bucket about 6 days ago, right now she is starting to grow her 2nd set of pointy leaf.

Sorry for the long introduction, but I think that will help with the advice you guys might give

NOW MY QUESTIONS
1- Is my Compost tea good enough? ( I think the plant is responding well to it – only fed her one time with it on the day of transplant)
2- Should I use the ½ of one Nirvana Soiltabs beside the Compost tea? (it’s an organic tabs Which provide a constant supply of nutrients for 6 weeks per tab)
3- When Flowering time come, should I use Nirvana Flowertabs beside the Compost tea? (Flowertabs will slowly biodegrade, releasing measured doses of nutrients while the fungal)

I can’t post photo of my setup now because the light cycle is on off mode at the moment, but will post the photos first thing tomorrow

Thank you all for dropping by, reading and advising me?

Guys here is my photos, For some reason 420magzine keep giving me error when trying to upload the photo of the grow closet

20160615_230401.jpg
20160615_230411.jpg
20160615_230406.jpg
20160615_230420.jpg

Day 20 (2nd day after the 2nd feeding with the above mentioned compost tea) i can see fast devolving in the leaf happening..... :)

here is the photos of today

day20-1.jpg
day20-2.jpg

Day 23 update
Morning Photos

Day-23M1.jpg

Day-23M2.jpg

Day-23M3.jpg

Night Photos

Day-23N1.jpg

Day-23N2.jpg

Day-23N3.jpg

Day-23N4.jpg

Would really appreciate if anyone with knowledge comment on the health of my plant, as i am first time grower and have no idea when to spot unhealthy situation.
Also i am having a bit of situation with the temp its a bit high 33C, Humidity is 69% during light on cycle and 53% light off

Hi NewGrawer,

The humidity is at a reasonable range for a young plant which will need a humid environment so her leaves can soak up the moisture in the air while it builds a root system to start transpiring water from the soil. The temperature is too high for her though! High temps can cause the plant to stretch which leads to weird node spacing and could cause wilting, root rot, bad microbial growth, dehydration, etc. If possible, keep your temps between 18C-25C for optimal growth

Thanks Again premedgrow i have modified my led lighting and made it a bit simi-professional i attached the 5 led lighting panel to heat-think and the temp around 29

Next step i have to re-make my grow room to fully rectangle shape one and adjust my 2 new 12vdc 3.0A exhaust fan hopping this new setup will help drop the temp down to at least 26C (80F).

But now i have a new problem it seems like Nutrient burn :( :( :(

You are the only one how is active with me so i really thank you and wish to have your input on the Nutrient burn situation.
Here is a link to the new topic about issue.
Please help a 1st timer - Nutrient burn on organic coco grow

Back
Top Bottom