My 1st Grow, Started w/clones, Need Help with CFL GROW

PhilPebbles

I am doing this on a very small budget and so far its been rough. I got root rot by over watering, returned them back to health. I started these girls under 24hr a day lt, and been taking advantage of the Sun when I can get em outside. Now I need to know if I should use a closet, entire room, or build a small cabinet. I have (2) 4ft (daylight) florescent bulbs and (8) 100 watt CFL's

Is that enough light and where should they hang? Thanks fellow 420 enthusiasts! Happy Trails :)

Thats enough light, your grow space is all on your preference and how long you wanna grow them. so closet to room is all on your preference man. but everything sounds good, get some pics

Hey Tony, first how many plants do you have? That will tell if you have enough light. If you two or three girls may have enough light for awhile. Rule of thumb is to have at least 40 actual watts per sq ft. If you have 23watt bulbs that is 184 watts. Not sure what wattage your florescent's are but you can do the math. I would build a grow cabinet big enough to get all your lights in. If you can't afford plywood at least build a frame out of 2x2s so you can hang your lights. I would make it 2'x4'x6' tall. for sides you could use cardboard and paint flat white on the inside until you can get 1/2" or 1/4" plywood. Now put the lights 2 to 4 inchs above your plants and stand back and smile.

Thx exile.. Bill, my 4footers are 2600 lumens each. And my CFL's are 1600 lumens each and there's 8 of those. I'm growing in a home remedy potting mixture of Miracle Grow Potting Soil + MG Garden Soil , and part top soil. I'll get pictures up soon. Just trying to get a game plan on for the permanent move indoors. Thanks again for any advice.. happy trails. :)

Ps I only have 2 plants, the mother I received clones from is without a dought some Funky Ass Dank lookin knot.. :) I'm making a hood reflector out of a white colored dryer. Lol.. I'm using the exterior panel bent it flat and now bending it to fit my CFL's and my fluorescent 4ft "(daylight)" bulbs

Here's an update guys, both girls have been in a small 2x4x8 closet. Lighting has been upgraded too; 16 bulbs 100 watts each with a 5000k spectrum & 1600 Lumens each + a 4ft fluorescent fixture w/2 bulbs 2400 Lumens & 5500K spectrum. I also started a little LST (low stress training) + I did a Scrog its looking sweet!

Amazing......Here is how my girls turned out. NOT BAD FOR A 1st ever grow
IMAG12593.jpg
IMAG12692.jpg
IMAG12683.jpg
IMAG12633.jpg
IMAG09125.jpg

Wow Tony those are looking really good. Lots of buds and looking healthy. Bet you can't wait. :goodjob::cheer::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom