My first grow end of first week in flower

Terpygenetics

This is my first indoor grow. I learned a lot from people on these forums and YouTube. There’s a lot I learned that I can’t wait to use in my next grow. I only topped once and instead of tying down I did a lot of twisting and bending. Unfortunately I used regular seeds and only got one female. Here she is.
4556FD99-0BE6-4379-B874-19577582C6FA.jpeg
A393CF60-49E9-4F41-B7DF-76483FCDDF71.jpeg

E0C77715-7BE5-4638-9736-63FC5A6A52D6.jpeg

This is my first indoor grow. I learned a lot from people on these forums and YouTube. There’s a lot I learned that I can’t wait to use in my next grow. I only topped once and instead of tying down I did a lot of twisting and bending. Unfortunately I used regular seeds and only got one female. Here she is.

Hello @Terpygenetics love the pic in your icon.
Excellent training on your lady , like a pro. :bravo:
Color looks good.
She has a slight droop , but you might have just watered.
I see other pots in there are they males?
If so get them out before you have unwanted pollen. :Namaste:
Also is that a concrete floor under her.
It will drop pot temp reducing her ability to uptake nutrients properly.
Are you going to start a journal for her ?
If so tag me and ill follow along.
Have you flipped her to flower yet?
She will stretch nicely in that tent, lots of elbow room.
Keep up the good work.
Bill

Hello @Terpygenetics love the pic in your icon.
Excellent training on your lady , like a pro. :bravo:
Color looks good.
She has a slight droop , but you might have just watered.
I see other pots in there are they males?
If so get them out before you have unwanted pollen. :Namaste:
Also is that a concrete floor under her.
It will drop pot temp reducing her ability to uptake nutrients properly.
Are you going to start a journal for her ?
If so tag me and ill follow along.
Have you flipped her to flower yet?
She will stretch nicely in that tent, lots of elbow room.
Keep up the good work.
B
Thanks man I appreciate it. Yea I had to do a transplant right before the picture she was needing water evrey day so I moved from a 3 to a 5. Yea I’m on day 9 of flower. Those other pots were just random seeds I accumulated over the years and haven’t showed sex yet.hopefully I get a good yield. And it seems like she just stoped stretching for some reason maybe cuz it was rootbound?

Thanks man I appreciate it. Yea I had to do a transplant right before the picture she was needing water evrey day so I moved from a 3 to a 5. Yea I’m on day 9 of flower. Those other pots were just random seeds I accumulated over the years and haven’t showed sex yet.hopefully I get a good yield. And it seems like she just stoped stretching for some reason maybe cuz it was rootbound?
Day 9 of flower and you say she stopped growing.
Is she getting a solid 12 hrs of complete darkness.
You know its easy to get fem seeds these days would save you a lot of headaches.
Bill

You know its easy to get fem seeds these days would save you a lot of headaches.
Bill
Yea it’s getting 12/12. And yea I read a old article about fem seeds come to find out there’s new ways to make them that are more reliable. I have a pack of fem seeds waiting for next run I’m excited about. When I dim the lights they start praying. Idk why they can’t handle more than like 35% my temps are 80degrees and 55-50% R.H but they don’t like more than 500 ppfd. The roots are healthy it’s just been giving me a headache. I dimmed the lights back down to 35% and there looking better already at the same climate. It’s been driving me crazy. I even brought the males outside too see how they would react. And they are praying and tacoing a little. The only thing I can think is the humidity is a lot higher outside.

Bill
Maybe it’s because I totally fried them in seedling and early veg they just never recovered correctly? But the smaller ones are reacting the same and didn’t get fried nearly enough to act up like this. I think I’m going to wait till she recovers and slowly raise the R.H and increase light slowly and see if I can get it to a higher intensity.

Maybe it’s because I totally fried them in seedling and early veg they just never recovered correctly? But the smaller ones are reacting the same and didn’t get fried nearly enough to act up like this. I think I’m going to wait till she recovers and slowly raise the R.H and increase light slowly and see if I can get it to a higher intensity.
I wouldn't worry about raising the rh 55 is fine.
The light concerns me more.
You have to get it up past 35%.
What is your height above canopy.
I'd try an increase a few percent every other day and see how she reacts.
Usually in flower I have 3 900w in a 4x8 on full.
They need all the energy they can absorb in flower.
Bill

I wouldn't worry about raising the rh 55 is fine.
The light concerns me more.
You have to get it up past 35%.
What is your height above canopy.
I'd try an increase a few percent every other day and see how she reacts.
Usually in flower I have 3 900w in a 4x8 on full.
They need all the energy they can absorb in flower.
Bill
It’s 26” above canopy. I tried to raise it slowly for the past two months . It just seems to stunt the growth and it gets droopy. It starts to taco and new growth gets bright yellow. Maybe my ac infinity needs to be recalibrated. Could there be a 10% difference on the floor to the canopy in r.h?

It’s 26” above canopy. I tried to raise it slowly for the past two months . It just seems to stunt the growth and it gets droopy. It starts to taco and new growth gets bright yellow. Maybe my ac infinity needs to be recalibrated. Could there be a 10% difference on the floor to the canopy in r.h?
Sorry what light is it?
Do me a favor turn it up and take a pic .
Previous yellowing could be soil ph or nutrient issues.
But I want to see what you mean by tacoing.
Praying and tacoing can be mistaken.
It doesn't make sense above 35% especially in week 2.
Bill

Sorry what light is it?
Do me a favor turn it up and take a pic .
Previous yellowing could be soil ph or nutrient issues.
But I want to see what you mean by tacoing.
Praying and tacoing can be mistaken.
It doesn't make sense above 35% especially in week 2.
Bill
Okay I’ll turn it up lights going out in 50 min tho and 2 Tsw 2000 300 wall watts each so 600w in 4x4

@Bill284 I’m beginning to suspect my automated a infinity controller is off by up to 10% it’s reading 50% and the two hydro meters right next to it are reading 40%. Could that be causing this issue?
So when you turn it down the leaves flatten back out?
80 f is perfect temp .
But it looks like its hotter.
Do you have the fans pointing directly at the girl?
Bill

So when you turn it down the leaves flatten back out?
80 f is perfect temp .
But it looks like its hotter.
Do you have the fans pointing directly at the girl?
Bill
I have a can pointing at the dirt and a oscillating fan pointed at the canopy. I even got the temp down to 73 cuz I thought the same thing and they still reacted the same. They are also not on concrete there on carpet on top of plywood to answer your question earlier. I haven’t fed any nuets yet because I did frequent transplants. I ordered a infrared laser thermometer to take out the guess work for vpd. I’m going to document everything with photos from now on so I can better explain what’s going on.

Mine is at the same growth,been wondering if I had a dud or female.Mine is autoflowering skunk weed.1st.try.Looking good.Thanks for sharing. Donalddam.

Back
Top Bottom