My First Grow Tell Me How It looks

Trust me, been there, done that, got the T-shirt! I still forget to check the post dates every once in a while. Welcome aboard! Looks like a good start, just one thing, don't rely too heavily on that PH/Moisture meter, they're notoriously inaccurate. @Emilya Green has a great treatise on "The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant" if you're in soil, it's a worthwhile read, at: The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

Trust me, been there, done that, got the T-shirt! I still forget to check the post dates every once in a while. Welcome aboard! Looks like a good start, just one thing, don't rely too heavily on that PH/Moisture meter, they're notoriously inaccurate. @Emilya Green has a great treatise on "The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant" if you're in soil, it's a worthwhile read, at: The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant
Thanks , needs must on a shoe string bit by bit ya get me . Going to start bottom watering/ feeding , but everything is so expensive , you no how it is thank god for amazon (save for later) . Peace

Thanks , needs must on a shoe string bit by bit ya get me . Going to start bottom watering/ feeding , but everything is so expensive , you no how it is thank god for amazon (save for later) . Peace
Well, if you're going to start bottom watering, you might as well come join us in #SIP Club to take full advantage. You can build your own pots for the cost of a bucket (often free from bakeries and the like), a small food grade bowl and a bit of pipe or garden hose.

If this is going to be a stealth grow you're going to want an enclosed space like a small cupboard and an extraction fan WITH A CARBON FILTER. Even low smell varieties emit some smell that will soon permeate the house.

Also, an LED light will be better on the electricity bill than HPS, not to mention produce  much less heat.
In the middle of the country side .stealth not a problem am running led spiderfarmer 300 sf , upgrading tomorrow 1000sf think that’s right deffo 1000 going to use 300for seedlings other veg n flower got a 3/3/3on way . Amozon to the rescue. It at the foot of my bed our lass ain’t to happy but needs must . Question, should I get a heating pad to keep soil temp stable.

Looks like @LRW is growing in coco though. If so, that thread won't apply as coco should never be allowed to dry out and should be fed with every watering.
Soil, coco mix peat moss well 2 are in pure coco the rest mix thought I’d see if it made a difference . Planning on only letting coco dry top couple inches. Is that ok

In the middle of the country side .stealth not a problem am running led spiderfarmer 300 sf , upgrading tomorrow 1000sf think that’s right deffo 1000 going to use 300for seedlings other veg n flower got a 3/3/3on way . Amozon to the rescue. It at the foot of my bed our lass ain’t to happy but needs must . Question, should I get a heating pad to keep soil temp stable.
Have you thought about starting a thread to chronicle your grow? You'll attract many like minded growers and super accelerate your grow knowledge.

I'd only use a heating pad in the cold months to germinate seeds or start cuttings but not for the plants in veg or flower unless your conditions are really cold. And even so, the plants will still grow, just a lot more slowly.

Ideal temps from mid veg to mid flower are like 75-85*F, but in my small space I can sometimes hit triple digits, which obviously is not ideal.

Have you thought about starting a thread to chronicle your grow? You'll attract many like minded growers and super accelerate your grow knowledge.

I'd only use a heating pad in the cold months to germinate seeds or start cuttings but not for the plants in veg or flower unless your conditions are really cold. And even so, the plants will still grow, just a lot more slowly.

Ideal temps from mid veg to mid flower are like 75-85*F, but in my small space I can sometimes hit triple digits, which obviously is not ideal.
Bro am bipolar, have trouble with certain things but point me in the right direction and I will give it a go. This growing game has been good for me so I don’t see why not

Soil, coco mix peat moss well 2 are in pure coco the rest mix thought I’d see if it made a difference . Planning on only letting coco dry top couple inches. Is that ok
Well, I don't grow in either but the coco growers will tell you never let it dry out, and I used to grow in a peat mix but got frustrated with how hydrophobic it got when it dried out. The coco can be watered every day without issue, the Peat moss not so much.

Well, I don't grow in either but the coco growers will tell you never let it dry out, and I used to grow in a peat mix but got frustrated with how hydrophobic it got when it dried out. The coco can be watered every day without issue, the Peat moss not so much.
My breathable pot/bag’s still feel wet to the touch but like u say every day I’m on it

Bro am bipolar, have trouble with certain things but point me in the right direction and I will give it a go. This growing game has been good for me so I don’t see why not
Start here to learn about starting your own journal. Once you do, tag me by putting the '@' symbol in front of my name in a post. That will alert me to the tag.

Like this @LRW

My breathable pot/bag’s still feel wet to the touch but like u say every day I’m on it
Yeah, you've got two completely different animals there. The Peat bag you'll want to let dry out until you're surprised by how light it is when you pick it up. The coco one should stay moist all the time.

Second set of true leaves, if not the first. Gentle, like half strength at first so as not to burn the seedling.
Thanks I was leaning that way but it’s good to hear I’m on the right path. I’m using 1/3 strength biobizz, g, f , M . fish b b Epsom salts, was planning going up slowly every other feed only. What do you think?

Yeah, you've got two completely different animals there. The Peat bag you'll want to let dry out until you're surprised by how light it is when you pick it up. The coco one should stay moist all the time.
I know it’s madness. Stressful as all heck

Yep, then watch the leaves. If they start fading and turning yellow, they need more. If they start curling or looking weird, back off a little.
I’ll send a pic big not big one W/w, seedlings n/l grizzly, Dutch in order more newts yea

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0603.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

So, @Bill284 is the coco guy. He'll tell you to add cal/Mag to your water first, wait a bit then add the other nutrients. Then pH it to 5.8 (I believe) before watering your coco mix plants.

PH on the other pot in peat is probably not so critical unless you have really bad water.

Back
Top Bottom