My first grow!

all4me

hi guys been looking around this site for a while now and thought it was time I had a go at growing myself. I have gone with the CFL route for starters just to see how I go. the seeds are just some i got from a mate so I don't know what strain they are. I have 2 small grow boxes 1 is no bigger than a PC case witch im just experimenting with and the other is about 2x2x3. they don't seem to be growing as fast as ive seen some of the grows on here so im looking for any advice you guys can give. thanks

this is my first one. 2 weeks into veg. I plan on doing SCROG

does it look healthy for 2 weeks into veg?

this is the little PC box style grow. this one I have switched to 12/12 at 2 weeks veg

and this is the one in the PC style box

Nice clean setup.. Things are looking good, be patient. When to flip also depends on your grow space. Most will at least double in height. For the scrog you will need more veg time to get into the screen. I generally start in smaller containers to conserve nutes and space. I look at it like this.. The container should need water every day or every other day at this time. Let it get dry but not wilted. It promotes root growth. Repotting 2-3 time in its journey.

Be aware if you are not already, that the average plant will not show sex till it is at least 6-8 nodes tall.

Is that tin foil or mylar? Tin foil is no good, white paint is better. Mylar is OK.

Right now they are growing roots.

ok so its been a while since my first post but this is were im upto. growth has been slow and I think its because of the pot I used. its way to small but I am scared to replant it now. how does it look? an yes it is tinfoil. this is the only grow in this box, I have a new box I will upload pics of shortly

and this is a clone I experimented with

Things are looking good considering the size. Don't be afraid to re-pot, it can be done anytime. I bet you are root bound which will limit production greatly. If you choose to re-pot, let it dry a bit then just slide it out, cut a few 1/2" deep slits in the sides that once touched the pot. Then re-pot with like medium in a larger container. It will finish either way though. I have re-potted as late as 2 weeks into flower with no issues. I try not to once in flower so all energies can go to producing bud.

Just one thought - seedlings take longer time to veg then clones, they need to mature first, which can take 4-8 weeks. It happens when the leaves start to grow asymmetrically and little hairs show up at every node. Best to cut some clones after that and then flip to 12/12, so you don't need to go through the seedling stage again with the next grow(s). It's best to clone them when they are mature, in veg phase.

I've cut the bottom out of the pot and sat it in another one to give the roots more room. Hopefully it works

Back
Top Bottom