Invi's First Indoor Grow From Clones 2x400w In Soil

invi

Hey!

I thought i post a journal of my current grow - so far everything went really fine, and i hope with some advice from the experienced ones it could be kept that way.

I have 4 strains:
- critical jack herer (Delicious)
- critical sensi star (Delicious)
- caramelo (Delicious)
- blueberry (DP)

The moms are already harvested, and after some spidermite battles (i haven't seen any sign of them for more than a month) i was left with some clean & healthy clones - 13 plants in total.

I use compo sana soil for seedlings, and canna terra nutes.
I have no access to tap water, and since the stuff coming from the well is at 800-1000 EC i though i shouldn't even drink it, so i got an RO filter too.

Temp will be an issue sometimes above 32 C day time, when the girls should sleep. I hope it won't stress them too much, it might be warmer during the night cycle sometimes..
I have 2 fans blowing the wind, and so far i saw no signs of burn even though canopy distance is about 20-30cm from the lamp. Will raise the lamps a bit in a few days anyway.
RH is about 30-70% usually around 40%.

Here is how it all started:

After a few weeks, just before the flip:

and after - also made a mylar tent to keep more light for flowering

At first i used canna's recommendation on the bottle @ 5ml / l. I hope no pH adjustment is needed, since the RO water and that i use canna fertilizers only. I have a pH pen, but it tends to keep the value changing and needs calibration every week or two so i don't really trust it, and would be happy to skip it.

Later on i acquired cannaboost and got real surprised by it. After feeding the boost just in 2 days the plant grew more than in the previous 5 - only difference i did was the 4ml boost when feeding. See pic below..

Tried to place the plant at the same spot and in the same angle, but with little success =)

Hopefully next pics will show some flowers, they spent more than a week now in 12.
In case anyone reads this - wish me luck =)

:peace:

:welcome:
looking really good so far dude, with the nutes though man just start of on 1/4 strength and if you dont see no signs of burn up to 1/2 and build your way up to full strength. keep up with good work invi:goodjob:

Ok i think the extra light did not hurt them. Flowers are visible now.
Wanted to make a pic of all 4 strains, but then the HID started up.

Here is a sensi:

and one of the Herers:

Checked the pH after a few months again both with a pen (5.9) and liquid tester (5-6).
It seems no pH adjustment is needed with my EC.
Will check again when switched to flowering nutrient.

Thanks for the kind words whitewill!
I'm at full strength nute schedule for a month already - still getting a slight N deficiency (?), but only in the lower zone where leaves get no direct light. Better then a nute burn i think..

I took a pic of the rest:
Caramelo

Blueberry

Im running at 1600 EC and still have PK def (dark leaves, curling back and yellow lower leaves with brown spots). Every day i find about 10 yellow leaves in the garden.

Will go beyond canna's max recommendation (1600 ec) by 100 EC every feeding until yellowing stops.

I remember reading on Mandala Seed's site about canna nutrients, and how you would kill your plants with half their recommended dosage... its quite far from the thruth i know now xD

Deficiency pics:

And another bud shot (herer on top, sensi in the bottom):

Hi mate, ur girls are starting to look pretty sweet!!:goodjob: Be good to see sum juicy buds soon.. Patience my pet, patience..lol. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Thanks for dropping by guys!
Unfortunately the blueberry looks a bit sad - maybe i should feed aditional PK to her. The rest looks ok so far - i thought i spam some more pics...

Blueberry

Caramelo

Herer - with some blueberry in the background

Sensi

a little closer..

things look well friend:) That yellow is a sighn that they are loosing nitrogen fast. The best thing for plants is to feed grow food for your first two weeks of flower as this is when they take up and use all there nitrogen. Most people feed flower food as soon as they flip but if they were to feed grow for week 1 and 2 then bloom for 4 ,5 ,6, 7, then a good week of water for flush You will do way better we garentee it:) your plants will stay green till late flower they will be taller stronger and much bigger yields:) hope this helps you friend. and others as well. You are doing well and it's cool to see your success. Good Job Cheers Friend:)

Thanks guys!

That yellow is a sighn that they are loosing nitrogen fast. The best thing for plants is to feed grow food for your first two weeks of flower as this is when they take up and use all there nitrogen.

I did feed them grow nutes for 2.5 weeks after the flip and still.. I'm giving them nutes at max recommended level (1600 - 1900) as canna recommends below.
Home | CANNA Gardening CANADA

I'm not sure what to do with it - so far i did not dare to increase EC above 1900. I'm still getting a lot of yellow leaves (about 10/20 per day on the 14 plants). Canna's flower npk is 2-2-4 - thought that should be enough N..
I'm afraid that this will get way worse in time.

Should i feed pure N to them? Or just increase flowering nute EC and hit 2k with it?
I'm scared o,O

If the deficiencies persist i might even drop cannaboost because that's only useful when everything is ideal. That would be a costly waste.. =(

The blueberry looks even worse. Buds are growing, but the leaves look very frightening.
Not sure she will survive..

I thought i post a pic of the sensi, just to compensate for the saddening view above

Anyone has any suggestions about the blueberry? I have no clue what went wrong.
Will try to decease nutes to 30% and see what happens - i tried to give them PK 13/14 last time, but it did not seem to help.

I think i got good news regarding the blueberry, it seems to have P and/or K def.
I was just giving extra PK to one plant, and kept checking the other for signs of deficiency. :goodjob: lol
Let it be the worst mistake of my life!

Lesson learned - next time ill deal with blueberry ill feed it extra PK right from the start of flowering.. This strain isn't too easy, catching mites quickest and having non average nutrient needs.

I post another sensi pic - i can't get enough of this strain it's so quick and easy to grow.
This time i added a paper for comparison, and it shows a single plant with 3 main shoots.

Harvest in 3 weeks, but i would be happy with their size even if they did not grow any more.

Finally i could make a shot with no HIDs on. Was really curious about this - but i think there is no(t much) nute burn even after the second feeding with PK & Flores (1900 EC). From next week on i will start reducing nutes for each sensi - there can't be much more issues with over/underfertilization or pH and those were my worst fears.

Back
Top Bottom