Indoor C99 1st Grow In Soil

So after sourcing perlite and letting the planties(as me and the Mrs call em collectively) dry out a little, I started with Winnie. She is a bit lanky and lost her curve(s) so if I was gonna make a tit of one I would prefer it to be her!! Don't hate the player!! Didn't capture many photos of it as I was learning the ropes.
420-magazine-mobile428597327.jpg

Looking no less lanky before re-potting!
420-magazine-mobile1916671950.jpg

Next up is my girl, !

So to explain, I squeezed them out of there pots(I worked for a landscaper years ago so was well used to the squeezy-twisty technique!!) And gently loosened as much compost as I could. That's where leaving it dry out a little helped I think. It was inevitable that I would break small roots but I tried to minimise it. There is a good bit of root at the bottom of the pot.....
420-magazine-mobile855631264.jpg
...so I packed a bit at the bottom of the pot for the planties to stretch into. Here be
420-magazine-mobile794678661.jpg

And in the black pot is the layer I rested what the roots rested on. In the brown tray is what I used to pack and around the girls. Talk about too much information!! I tried keep it 4:1 in favour of compost but wasn't too worried if I went over as the compost is very rich as far as I can tell...all credit to the rain!!
420-magazine-mobile719725685.jpg

So now we have two sorry looking girls!
420-magazine-mobile343623535.jpg

I replaced the green string with green wire in that last pic. I might go back. Much of a muchness tho. Here is on the right looking rough...
420-magazine-mobile582074233.jpg

I think that was cause the trainers were off.
Next up, re-housing....

If anyone is still with me I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks. Without your encouragement I would be lost. ✌️
Since the condensation issue I have been either leaving the 'door' open with a tower fan facing it or just letting it build up with door closed. The tower fan is ott. I got a small usb fan delivered today to solve that problem. I never thought of taking a pic on its own but here it is in action above the planties, fixed in by the same wire twisty cable used for the girls training that I bought for €1.50( loaf if bread money) Happy days!!
420-magazine-mobile489379155.jpg
420-magazine-mobile325566916.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2067951801.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1433889376.jpg

So next up I'm thinking let them recouperate, re-adjust to the light and go from there. With a little help and guidance from my friends here. So what do ya'll think?
Oh and p.s. Mayweather is going down!!

I knew it was going to come down to the later rounds and instinct training it's where I would want to get the fight if I were a boxer and we were fighting in the boxing ring. If it was MMA rules different ending.

It has taken me this long to get over the fight! Very mixed feelings. The fight went as expected by the experts but dream we did! And lost money we did! Ah well. I even ended up getting a few slaps myself in the early ours! When 1 of us goes to war.... I actually think I got a worse hiding than Conor! Wtf?!!

So the next day after the reporting the plants had perked up again to my relief.
420-magazine-mobile901727255.jpg

And here they are now a few days later with Winnie on the left and on the right. The red thing in all the 'group photos' is a foot long ruler by the way.
420-magazine-mobile223187513.jpg

It's amazing the difference topping did. seems like a better plant (more growing tips or whatever they are called!) in my uneducated eyes. Though Winnie could hold a suprise yet I feel!!

I gave em a much needed drink (I underestimated the perlite effect) and trimmed the yellowing leaves at the base. 4 on each. That's to be expected as far as I know???!!!
's
420-magazine-mobile1851471866.jpg

Winnies
420-magazine-mobile561987890.jpg

Bear was bushier so I clipped a few bigger leaves (fan leaves I think???!) that I thought were blocking smaller bud sites. Only took 1 off Winnie.
420-magazine-mobile675132497.jpg

The canopy now.
420-magazine-mobile187040938.jpg
and when I put them back home I switched em round so Winnie, the taller one was further from the tan...
420-magazine-mobile472131570.jpg

Definitely a Dude. Congrats on taking the plunge as well! My lady gets jealous of my plants too lol.
I would mix in something to create air pockets and drainage one time when I was low on funds I went ahead and used packing peanuts from work in place of Perlite lol it worked out fine, and last summer I used reusable grocery bags in place of 10 gallon fabric pots also worked out fine. I've potted up 6 foot tall plants into 30 gallon pots from 10 gallon pots it's fine.

Just an FYI a master grower said the general rule for flipping to flower is 2 months old or 2 feet tall but you can tell maturity by pistils or sacks so the box might need to grow with them, or use them to mother and clone them, so they are mature going in and you can flip when your ready.
Your plants are starting to show a bit if toxicity from the compost being nutrient rich so if it were me, and I've transplanted 1000s of times so I understand if you don't I would pull them out of their current pots and actually try to remove as much of the compost as possible and mix it all up the way I've described spreading the roots out as I filled up the same pot with the mix or pick up a bag of some good potting soil. Even though it says potting compost it still needs to be mixed for drainage and ph buffering.
Alright redmud. I just have a question about something you said here in the middle of this post! So yesterday was 8 weeks since sprout. 2 months. Now I dunno about pistils. As far as I know they are spiky things that have been there all along at each branching site. That right? And if so what am I looking for in regards when to flower? And if I'm wrong, what am I looking for?!

Sounds like you got it down they are probably a bit behind but if you see pistils they are getting to maturity i found a good pic on Google
420-magazine-mobile2145296937.jpg

I'm very tempted to switch to flower. It's a 1st grow, not trying to break records. Getting impatient!! Are these pistils 'mature' looking enough?!
420-magazine-mobile1652435532.jpg

They look ready so go for it their showing fast healthy new growth . If they aren't mature they will finish up then flower under 12/12

I extended the box in anticipation of more growth in flowering. Great fun....Not! I thought the top half would squeeze over the bottom if I cut slits going down the corners but it didn't. Had to cut the corners out altogether. Fits down now pretty well though. I had help!
420-magazine-mobile1292204594.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1143475179.jpg
The door on the front doesn't close now that the corners are removed. But as luck would have it this has worked out for me. The top half comes down just over the top of the door holding it closed. And the top half doesn't come down any further cause I only went down 3/4 the way when taking out the corners. Here's a visual aid of how I cut the box and how the hope closes..
420-magazine-mobile399839350.jpg
It seemed fairly sealed for light so I tested it with an app...
420-magazine-mobile1109048851.jpg
That will do. Lights out came a little earlier last night and stayed off till later this morning. Tonight will be the full 12 of darkness.

420-magazine-mobile1567483853.jpg

Winnie on the left has started getting nodes that aren't opposite each other as has been the case so far...
420-magazine-mobile1675762363.jpg
Here is for comparison...
420-magazine-mobile788666562.jpg

Is this normal? Hope so!!

Back
Top Bottom