Mountaingoats First Time Indoor Soil 200 Watt Grow

Hey Buck thanks a bunch!

Celestine is a Red Cherry Berry. Indica Sativa Blend

oh, I like the sound of that!... I have an unknown that looks quite a bit like that :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh, I like the sound of that!... I have an unknown that looks quite a bit like that :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ohh ok well I have smoked it before and it gives a very relaxed cozy stone.

Also the stems on some of the fan leaves gets a very nice deep red color

Smoke Report:
Apollo was a very nice smoke have been toking basically 24/7 since the drying was done and with the curing it just keeps getting better. Taste initially was not too strong but the high was great. Very cerebral high and enjoyable, no down and very a energetic feeling. The ash was very pure so the flushing went well. Lastly would like to add that it really made me feel in the "mood". And overall some tingly sensation and general "cozyness".

Ultimately next harvest will be done faster and more efficient thinking about getting some more light going... We will see what the financials say.

Stay tuned for the 3 remaining plants

SWIM had a taste of "Apollo" and was pleasantly surprised with its qualities as well. As mountaingoat already mentioned, the cerebral high was intense but relaxing at the same time without bringing you down or "couch-locking" you.
SWIM also mentioned that what really impressed him was, that even after a night of heavy toking, the next day he wouldn't feel "heavy" or "slow" but rather energetic and in a good mood.

:goodjob:

Here is the second plant to harvest 80 days of flowering.

Celestine is harvested and with some help from gairbud the drying went even better this time. Very nice smoke.

Here is a little collage about Celestines life and a smoke report.

Celestine - Red Cherry Berry from Barneys Farm

Baby (Same as with all the plants a fast pop-up as a seedling)
IMG_0288_zps0eb456b8.jpg

Teen (Grew very bushy after fimming perhaps too much bush, will not do too much next time but the stalk looks really cool, also nice big Indica leaves)
IMG_040416.JPG

Adult (Molasses added to the last feed then 2 times flushed)
IMG_116110.JPG

Stem (Fimming!)
IMG_116412.JPG

Ashes to ashes
IMG_116313.JPG

Okay so that was the life of Celestine. The result was some pretty airy buds didn't have a camera at the time of placement into the jar but you can imagine. They were a bit airy but still pretty good. Guess for CFL serious defoliation is needed.
Wet weight: 98 grams
Dry weight: 19 grams

Smoke report:
Again there has been some rather intense sessions after she was all dried up, some were left to cure and get even better taste. Honestly the first taste was not that pleasant a bit too heavy on a strange fruity variation, a couple more days of curing solved it and there was a much smoother smoke and taste. Slightly fruity perhaps the name made me think of cherries but hey that's what it tasted like. The stone was a very pleasant mix of cerebral high accompanied by a later calming state, perfect for bed time or snuggling up to a movie. However be aware a friend got the biggest giggles of their life and couldn't stop laughing which was a great time happen all the times my friend tried it. Nice clear ash again so success on flushing! As a final note this strain is really cozy and social, perfect for staying at home with some friends and relaxing. Not too heavy munchies as well which can be good at times.

Thank you very much for reading! Stay tuned for the final two!

:Namaste:

Nice plant... mine hermied and I pulled it. It has airy buds too but that I think was because I pulled it early.

Sweet report + reps

:surf:

Hey yea that was my original design for the root system to help it. but then there was not enough room for the roots so I switched it to have just a big pot. Worked well though but would need some different size pots. Welcome! Today im gonna post the final harvest!

Hey yea that was my original design for the root system to help it. but then there was not enough room for the roots so I switched it to have just a big pot. Worked well though but would need some different size pots. Welcome! Today im gonna post the final harvest!
OK sounds good brotha, i'll be around! :goodjob:

Alrighty here we go final post within this grow Journal the plants have all moved on. Overall this has been a great experience and I have learned allot and made loads of friends and mentors here at 420! So lets keep the good times going here is a link for my second grow! Hopefully it will have less mistakes and more critical thinking in it! So subscribers that want to jump on the next train feel free to click this Mountaingoat's Second Grow - CFL 200 Watt - Soil - High Defoliation

Anyway back on topic!

So there were 3 plants left alive last time! Apollo (Liberty haze) who was cut down first but I noticed that there were plenty of buddage happening below so I kept the bottom part and got almost the same amount this time as the first chopp down (love this plant). Then there was the laggard of the group Gordon (Amnesia lemon) who had a troubled upbringing as he had been growing slower than the rest of the family bud had fairly dense buds for a CFL. Last but not least the bushy and cozy Koalalicious aka Lill-Steph (Red Cherry Berry) who had possibly the most bud sites of them all and also got a very nice red tone on the buds!
So this is the result after a final total of 92 days of flowering!

Enough writing pictures are afoot!

Gordon (Amnesia Lemon)
Baby
IMG_0290_zps4913ecf4.jpg

Teen
IMG_041016.JPG

Final cut
IMG_124712.JPG

Dry Weight (Thicker buds than all the other plants)
27 grams

Apollo (Liberty Haze)
What was left of him!
IMG_105612.JPG

Final cut
IMG_12489.JPG

Dry weight (cute buds)
19 grams

Koalalicious (Red Cherry Berry)
Baby
IMG_0289_zps6739068c.jpg

Teen
IMG_040614.JPG

Adult
IMG_124412.JPG

Dry weight (Lots of bud sites provided a very nice yield)
A whopping 37 grams!!!

Smoke Report

Gordon (Amnesia Lemon)
So as Gordon is the only one I have yet to try I was very excited to try and see how it was. And let me tell he was worth the wait! Currently I am working on a dissertation and I am having trouble finding motivation. Gordon gave me just that, MOTIVATION! A very strong cerebral high just after the first couple of hits, its long lasting and really enjoyable no slowly coming down rather a nice 2 -3 hour stone that then just kinda disappears so very easy to maintain and utilize for studying. Flavour wise this thing is just off the hook super fresh smell and very enjoyable to smoke not harsh at all with a clean ash. Also similar to Apollo (Liberty Haze) there was no sluggishness the next time however Apollo gives the next day a great start while Gordon leaves no trace.

Gordon and Apollo mix - "Candy Store"
So last night I figured the two strains have both very nice qualities and are similar indeed a bit more fruityness from Gordon, so I figured hey lets mix em! Hope I do not anger people with this, however the experience in flavour was great... Taste just like fruity candy!!! Super excited high but very hard to focus on writing, guess Apollo took over a bit hehe. Great smoke with lots of flavour and just really gave a smile to everyone who partook. Just like a kid in a candy store! I would like to call the mix "Candy Store". Really gave both the emotional reaction of a kid in a candy store and the flavour as well! Very cool indeed.

Koalalicious (Red Cherry Berry)
Great chill weed very similar to Celestine as they are the same strain however as Koalalicious had been allowed a longer flower period it was a much nicer flavour and more mature and fruity. As with Celestine the stone starts of with tingles and giggles also a very strong relaxing feeling. Flavour is fruity with a hint of cherry. Nice clear ash (Flushing complete!)

Here is the buds after "air bud" drying thanks gairbud for the tip. Was actually able to dry my buds in my spare bathroom, pretty cool as the passive air outflow took care of the smell as well as keeping the humidity at a reasonable level.

Just harvested
IMG_125010.JPG

In the jars
IMG_126810.JPG

IMG_126912.JPG

Conclusion

Growing for myself started out as just a little idea which after extensive reading and contemplating became reality. Although my aim was for a large overall yield I would count it as a great success. The growing quickly became the main focus and the end result (buds) became just the sweet sweet cherry on top. Also I am very happy to report that the produce is probably the best I have ever tried, and I have been to Amsterdam which made me realize that once things become business, often the heart, soul and love is lost. I even played classical music for them during one weeks time - effects unknown but sure made the box more lively.
Having people on this forum contribute and just overall great familiar atmosphere I have enjoyed every single moment. From freaking out about pre-flowers and hurting the plants with too alkaline water to sitting there beaming with pride and smelling each one, it has been a great ride. Thanks to all who shared it with me! Also big thanks for all the help with tips and tricks from the growers here at the forum and my original guru who is not active online. Furthermore I would like to conclude that after this grow I have learned that BIO nutes for me is the best way to go, doesn't really harm the plants to bad if too much is used (in relation to not going too crazy). Also as this grow had only 1 CFL (200w) light as its light source I would conclude that CFL´s gives quite airy buds, this however can be countered with some heavy defoliation - and possibly more lights. Lastly Soil is a very forgiving medium so to all the first timers out there go for soil the first time around will lower the stress and make you able to focus on learning.

Thank you all and I will see you in the next one!
And a special thanks to the people behind the names of Koalalicious, Gordon and Apollo.

Mountaingoat's Second Grow - CFL 200 Watt - Soil - High Defoliation

:Namaste:

do it again daddy that was fun:)
reps and nice harvest. ENJOY!

Kings to you mountain! You pretty good at this here craft. i was hellla liking those beuatiful purple stems.!!!!!!My compliments to my fellow grownaught.. I'll check out you other stuff.thanks for sharing your pics gives me somethin to shoot for.

Yea should be, sent a thing to the forum admins, but i guess they are busy. Thanks for all the nice feedback! :thanks:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

The job you did with your plants have really gave me a new hope in recovery of plants that might not look so healthy.What i learned is never give up and continue to learn and adjust.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom