My first harvest

:allgood:
My 1st harvest minus a few buds i quick dryed for a little party
har1.JPG

Close up of one of the tops
crystals.JPG

Both tops. I trimed so i had 2 main colas instead of 1
2c.jpg

It all started with a seed found on 4/20. Just as a joke really had it on a window sill. Got a couple more seeds and a friend gave me a light. A 175 watt Mecury Vapor. Yeah that light worked you could say but plants grew much better in the window than under that light so i went to the closet hydro shop and got all the needed items. 400w digital ballast MH/Hps, hortilux bulb, fertilizer,ph meter.... So much he gave 5% off!!! anywho got it all home set it all up and the ballast doesnt work. So back to the shop for a new one and back on track. Once i have the hps i figure i'd flower them. 3 of 4 turned out male. I the seed i found on 4/20 came from so real nice headies and turned out male. i had 1 girl so i was happy.:laughtwo: got a little over an ounce off in 5 gallon bucket.

Congratulations!
I can still remember my first harvest many many moons ago.

Now with your 1st harvest in you've made 50%--100% of your investment. Everything from now on is gravy.

Gentle suggestions:
Now that you've "got your feet wet", time to get serious. By that I mean the best potting soil, nutes, pH & ppm meters and the missing link in many indoor grows--ventilation (intake & exhaust fans).
And good seeds--well worth the investment.
It's not hard to get triple your 1st yield now that you've got the basics down.

P.S. A way to prevent ending up with males (a waste of time & $$) is to start cloning. All you need is a 2-tube flo, table top, tray & dome and some oasis/rockwool cubes.
Germinate seeds, veg for 3--4 weeks, then take cuttings. Label everything, root the clones (2 weeks) then sex the clones (2 weeks) then sex the clones and toss males.
Pick the healthiest female and keep her under flo lights (24/0 cycle) and whenever you want/need some girlies there ya go!

Again, congrat's and welcome to the club!

Really nice man, looks good. what strain?? :allgood:

Not really sure about the strain it was bagseed. I just built a closet for the 2 girls i have now will be a little better off. I had 3 fans handling ventilation so i think i did all right with that part.I'm thinking off making another for a veg & clone chamber but i think i'll wait on that till i get some good seeds. Well the buds i smoked tasted earthy, piney almost. The high starts right off in the head a nice up smoke. So i'm real happy i picked a little early hopeing for more of a up. I'm guessing she was prob a hybrid cause one of her brothers had really thin leaves

Back
Top Bottom