My new plan. Need suggestions.

Notorious420

420 Member
Hello 420mag,

I am stopping my current grow due to the fact that one of them died and the other is very close to dying. I found out that it died because of the soil that had too much nutrients for the little plant and it was getting too much water from the rain. So I am wrapping up that grow but using my mistakes to help overcome my future obstacles in growing cannabis. So I will be a bit more prepared for this grow. So the following will be my plan on this grow I had in mind.

Strain(s):
Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto-flowering (5). I heard it was a big yielder and it was simple to grow (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Delicious Critical Super Silver Haze (1) (Its a free seed so I figured I would give it a shot.)

Medium:
I figured I would start them with Fox Farm Ocean Forest and also finish them with it. (I have seen a lot of success with this soil, but also heard some things about it being too hot and burning the seedlings. Please let me know your experience with this soil.)

Planting/Pots:
I would start them out in little Dixie cups and then transplant them into like 1 gallon flower pots and then transplant them into 5 gallon buckets.

Where:
I would make a green house with PVC Pipes and Plastic sheeting.

So do you guys think I am on the right track? Please leave some suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

FFOF is too hot for seedlings. I'd suggest a plain, cheapo potting soil. no nutes until 3-4 weeks old.
Always err on the side of caution when you're unsure!

1 gallon is difficult to transplant IMO. If the soil breaks apart during transplant, it will damage the roots and send your plant into shock, or worse. I go from 3" pots, directly into 6 gallon pots when they're ready.

And don't feel bad man, I killed my first two plants with too many nutes too. Live and learn brother.

Back
Top Bottom