My plants are getting close to being done I’m worried on the drying and curing process please help

BamaNick

766CE4CF-2941-472E-9D3F-A5AD90F81CD2.jpeg

The hard part in my opinion is flowering and telling when they're done. Once they're cut and hanging it's harder to have issues, just keep them dry and burp them. Just make sure they don't get moldy and you can't go too wrong. You can try smoking a little when you burp them to tell if they're done.

Yeah I’m getting close on my blue dream but still have some time on my other two strains thanks for the advice

If you've got favorable RH conditions, just hang and treat it like you're bbqing a brisket
Low and slow is definitely the way to do it
I just finished jarring a bunch after it had been hanging for 11 days at 57 - 62 RH
The smell opening a jar is out of this world

I’m doing the Low & Slow right now. I’m following the directions on post #337.

I‘ll be doing a cold cure per the directions on post #2606.

Beliw is link to thread for Harvest, Preparation & Curing.

Chop, bud wash, hang dry, low & slow in fridge and you are good. No dehumidifiers, runs fan to keep air moving but don’t point a fan right at your harvest, it will dry to quickly.

Don’t worry so much about the wet trim & dry trim stuff for now. Maybe do 1/2 one way and 1/2 other way for experience. Main point is chop & bud wash. After the bud wash no leaves get wasted no matter how dry or crispy. Save in 2 piles, premium stuff and then fan leaves & sugar leaves that look burnt up or bleached out. Make cobs or oil with this stuff or save for smoking.

Harvest

What’s bud wash never heard of it need to do more research my one plant is about a week out from starting to flush and then cut then dry then cure

Bud Washing

What you should do now is plan and prepare. Do you know when to harvest? Do you have a loupe? Where are you drying? Are you doing all plants at the same time? Do you have a choice? How are you drying (hanging)? Do you have boveda packs, curing jars, RH meters?

So I have a 3/3/5 tent I’m going to dry in I have 5 plants one will be ready in a week or so the others are gonna be a little later I plan on hanging some of them I purchased a screen hanger so I can put my trimmings I’m I also just orderd a 10 pack of Bro Veda packs I have some curing jars and mini rh meters

So I have a 3/3/5 tent I’m going to dry in I have 5 plants one will be ready in a week or so the others are gonna be a little later I plan on hanging some of them I purchased a screen hanger so I can put my trimmings I’m I also just orderd a 10 pack of Bro Veda packs I have some curing jars and mini rh meters

I had a similar situation. The issue is the light. I had to dry and grow in the same tent, because of the smell (not legal here). I made a half assed tent inside the tent with a cardboard box using one of the lower vents as part of the wall. It wasn't pretty, but it worked.

:nomo: :ganjamon:

Hey id suggest using your grow tent. Give it a cleaning and empty out your gear. The tents work great especially if you want to stay low key. I been hanging plants to dry in mine, takes 3 or 4 days . Makes a big difference especially on odors.

If you've got favorable RH conditions, just hang and treat it like you're bbqing a brisket
Low and slow is definitely the way to do it
I just finished jarring a bunch after it had been hanging for 11 days at 57 - 62 RH
The smell opening a jar is out of this world
I so cant wait..I'm days or a week away......but waiting on some amber....

Hey id suggest using your grow tent. Give it a cleaning and empty out your gear. The tents work great especially if you want to stay low key. I been hanging plants to dry in mine, takes 3 or 4 days . Makes a big difference especially on odors.
I want to do this..you kept exhaust running..closed up.tent except for sude floor vents...?? I want to.dry whole plant??

Back
Top Bottom