My seedlings are sick

Necron99

Hi,

A first time grower here. I planted some seeds in soil, they sprouted about a week ago, now they seem to be dieing. I am just using tap water and havent checked the pH so that seems like a likely cause.

3 plants under 2 125 watt clfs. The lights are only like 3-4 inches above the plants. I bought the soil at home depo, GardenTime organic potting soil.

Leafs are folding closed like a taco and tips are dry and brittle. What do you think?

looks like crappy soil to me, could be too rich for seedlings.. Are you letting the soil remain fairly dry? Most problems I see with something like this are the result of overwatering, or to strong consentration of nutriants in the mix for babies.

looks like crappy soil to me, could be too rich for seedlings.. Are you letting the soil remain fairly dry? Most problems I see with something like this are the result of overwatering, or to strong consentration of nutriants in the mix for babies.

What he said.

Google had nothing on Garden Time organic, but yeah it most likely has way too much N, and other things in it. Over watering is the 2nd worse thing to do than too much nutes.

If you have a hydro shop, or a specialty nursery in your area, get some Fox Farm Happy Frog soil. It really promotes root growth for the young ones.

Thanks for the responses. Out of three seedlings one has died but the other two seems to be growing stronger now. I'll just wait and see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom