Mystery Clones In Coco

BAKIND

Hey guys,

I finally got two clones to root. The rest died on me, and i decided to grow them in coco.

They are currently under a 400 watt metal halide light 40 inches away for now

I am growing in coco with nothing else added. Ph is at 5.6 and inflow EC is at 0.7, runoff on both of them is about 0.9 EC They are being fed 3 times a day 70ml a day each feeding for a total of 210ml a day each. They seem to be doing ok After I bridged the gap between inflow and runoff EC.

Not sure what variety they are but I am a bit concerned because they are starting to put out white hairs and smell. Could they be autos??? I read another thread that that said clones can show sex if they came from an older mother that was showing sex. Is that true? Overall Thoughts would be appreciated.

Nothing else added to the medium (the coco), such as perlite or peatmoss. I am using a powdered based nutrient to feed them.
Ok, cool

They look good and healthy

The two above cutting were taking 3 weeks ago, rooted in 10 days, and are now 36 inches under 400 MH. The instructions for nutes during vege are to set EC at 1.1, which of course I am not at. I am currently a 0.7 EC. The PH, per instructions during veg are, maintain at 5.6 ph.

my questions are.

1: How close can I bring the 400 watt mh to the plants?
2: Should I experiment with raising the PH although the instructions say 5.6 during vege? It calls for higher levels (5,9
during the last week of flowering)
3: If the lights get closer to the plant, say to the limit, could they use more nutrients? Could I start to raise the EC a bit?

MH at about 24" away, it's pretty hot, don't want to stress them

I'm not one to PUSH my plants, I feed them what they need
If you over do it, sucks to bring them back

Take it easy, be patient, and they will reward you

I took a chance and raised PH to 5.9, (contrary to the nutes' instructions) EC to 0.8, lights to 24 inches. Another thing I am doing is oxygenating and cooling the nutes to 17 degrees Celsius before I feed them. I am now feeding four times a day, and no problems. Growth noticeably accelerated. Will post pics soon.

Ok guys, I received a few more of those mistery clones from a friend, from same mother, taken about the same time. These are all that are left out the 24 taken, so we lost 16 of them to negligence on our part mostly.

I have transplanted them to 7 liter pots and have started increasing the EC 0.1 a day, currently at 0,9 and they are taking off now. Will switch to flowering in a week. Not sure what we’ll get. Oh, went to feeding once a day. We lost a few do to rotted trunks because of too much water. PH at 6.1 They are doing fine with feeding once a day, but thoroughly. I have trimmed lower branches because I am looking for just tops. I am not sure if that was a mistake yet or not, however, I am tite for space in there and they are not even that big. Here are some pics. Love coco so far. Let me know your thoughts.

A must have to evenly water with the
Minimum amount of water.

I have a question? There is one plant in the back center, that is only putting out 3 leafs? Has anyone ever seen that? They all came from the same mother, so It’s very odd to me. Your thoughts appreciated.

Growth is strong and vigorous now EC at 1.2 raising 0.1 everyday. Once at 1.6 in 4 more days will switch to flower. Lowered PH TO 5.9

I woke up this morning to three of my plants having leafs turned upside down. After doing some research, I found out that it was probably caused by a cal/mag defieciency. Since the feed I use already has mag in it, I am only required to add chelated calcium. I realized that I was not adding enough calcium to my mix, but I didn't stop there.

In the last few days I didn't like how they looked so much, so I started slowly dropping the PH from 6,1 to 5,9 and 5,7. During the last feed, after an hour, the leafs turned right side up again, by themselves. It looks like I needed to drop my PH a bit, and also increase slightly the ratio of calcium I was mixing in. ( I am using filtered water).

EC currenty at 1.3 and they are starting to really take off, gosh, I can't wait to see them by wednesday at 1.6. Anyhow, here are some more pictures. They are really loving the air cooled 400 watt Metal Halide Light.

Back
Top Bottom