Name that Deficiency! Help Please

Sharky88

New grower here and had some issues with my grow during seedling / early veg stage. I'd like to know for sure what this was so I can avoid it in the future. My grow log can be found here:

SuperLocker DWC Grow - 2 BF Critical Kush & 2 RQS Amnesia Haze - INTRO

Posted below are some pictures of the problem. Can anyone tell me for sure what this is? I'm using RO water so thought maybe it was Ca or Mg deficiency? Also had some Ph swings so thought that was it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sharky
:peace:

20141206_003342.jpg

20141206_003334.jpg

20141213_150708.jpg

The plant in your first photographs is showing a calcium deficiency. The plant in your second photograph I believe has a magnesium deficiency. If you are using Reverse Osmosis water you must use a calcium and magnesium supplement to make up for what the water is lacking. I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5 milliliters or 1 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Just a heads up on Cal-Mag...Botanicare Cal-Mag+ has more Nitrogen and less Cal-Mag than the GH CaliMagic, and the GH is usually cheaper...just FYI.

Also, with Cal-Mag & RO water, you must mix Cal-Mag in first before nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom