NC Lawmakers Kill Medical Marijuana Bill After It Receives Annoying Level Of Support

Truth Seeker

The GOP-controlled North Carolina House Rules Committee killed a medical marijuana legalization bill earlier this week, after lawmakers complained that backers of the measure were bothering them with requests for their support.

As WRAL's N.C. Capitol blog reports, lawmakers allowed only 20 minutes of public debate on the legislation before deciding to give it an "unfavorable report." An infrequently used procedure, such an action effectively prevents any further medical marijuana legalization bills from being considered by the General Assembly this session.

A state Republican explained the extraordinary maneuver to N.C. Capital blog:

"We did it to be done with it, so people could move on for the session," said Rep. Paul "Skip" Stam, R-Wake. He said lawmakers we're being "harassed" with phone calls and emails about medical marijuana.

The medical marijuana movement has seen some support in North Carolina, and on Wednesday, Catherine Lyles, a 51-year-old brain cancer survivor testified before lawmakers, telling them that marijuana had allowed her to regain her appetite after treatment. Medical marijuana advocates reportedly heavily outnumbered the single opponent who appeared at the hearing, but lawmakers were apparently unmoved by the showing of support.

Medical_Marijuana7.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: huffingtonpost.com
Author: Nick Wing
Website: North Carolina Lawmakers Kill Medical Marijuana Bill After It Receives Annoying Level Of Support

Re: NC Lawmakers Kill Medical Marijuana Bill After It Receives Annoying Level Of Supp

Vote the Frakers out of office, FRAKING Puritans, elected officials pull your FRAKING heads out of that dark smelly place that you all seem to have them stuck!

Re: NC Lawmakers Kill Medical Marijuana Bill After It Receives Annoying Level Of Supp

They don't want emails, send them a lot of emails. They don't like phone calls, call them. They don't want to legislate, ask them why. Make so much noise they wax their ears but don't cuss them. Keep them on point, not after you for being rude. They are the rude 6 year-olds saying "no, I don't hear you la la la la la la la la la..."

They don't want emails, send them a lot of emails. They don't like phone calls, call them. They don't want to legislate, ask them why. Make so much noise they wax their ears but don't cuss them. Keep them on point, not after you for being rude. They are the rude 6 year-olds saying "no, I don't hear you la la la la la la la la la..."

Exactly, be professional, polite, and persistant. Aren't they when it's election time? They irritate me calling and emailing too but doesn't stop me from voting for what I believe in.

20 min given to this (quoting) They did it to be done with it. Ok. That makes sense because another additional sales tax is scheduled for their tobacco lobbiest buddies of NC.

Back
Top Bottom