Need a good book

Legayo

Hey guys.
I'm new here, and all the stuff I read was really interesting.

I won't be able to access the computer that much at the moment so I won't be able to read online tutorials.

Can you recommend me on a good book for a beginner grower? (so I could read without having a computer)
*Never grew anything, just willing to increase my knowledge.

All the tips and steps for a beginner indoor (closet if important) grower.

Thank you very much!

Have u checked your local library for beginners indoor grow for mj? or if scared to check out mj grow then get one for tomatoes. Basics super simple so any indoor what to do for flowering plants would mostly tell about the same. :reading420magazine:

The book that I have is by Jorge Cervantes, a Grower's Bible. Too lazy to look at the name of the book right now...lol... But he has plenty of books out. I have also heard people mention Ed Rosenthal. I got my book from Barnes and Noble for about 25-26 bucks..And should it get lost in the mail or lifted, they will send you another one free of charge.

Welcome to the best cannabis-awareness site on the Internet, Legayo.

Vampire- mj is illegal in my country (except for medical mj).

You have my sympathies.

I'll let others recommend specific books. But...

I'm not looking into some tomatoes growing stuff, even if it's similar.

A big mistake, IMHO. Once you learn the concepts it's no big deal at all when someone says, "Cannabis likes to see a pH range of ~5.8-~6.15 in hydroponics and around ~6.5 in soil," or whatever. But if you don't have the basics of growing in general nailed down, that might not mean anything that you can relate to - or it might require much explaining which we don't really mind helping with, it's just that it need not be necessary, if you see what I mean.

I got the plans for my very first hydroponics setup from a book that was available at my local public library. It was a general hydroponics primer, not a "How to Grow Cannabis" one. It was old, maybe 1957 or thereabouts. But I got a lot of useful information from it. It even had a nice chapter on mixing your own nutrients from the components instead of purchasing ready-made solutions (which weren't exactly available at the time, lol). Wish I'd photocopied that chapter. I'll add that it was only one of several books I found in my small, redneck, chronically-underfunded library.

It also had some nice information about deficiencies, lockouts, and nutrient overdoses that was very helpful. A magnesium deficiency looks the same on a tomato leaf as it does on a watermelon leaf as it does... on a cannabis leaf. Et cetera.

Indoor growing, be it soil or hydroponics, is not exactly a new concept. And hydroponics itself... LONG time, lol. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, constructed around 600BC, likely used some of the concepts of a hydroponic garden.

It may be hard to wring that last fraction of a gram per watt out of your cannabis garden, but just growing it to a successful harvest is pretty easy if the grower doesn't screw things up [Disclaimer: I have managed to screw things up upon occasion, including recently, lol.]. I've seen a plant growing up through a crack on an urban sidewalk. A decent general grower can do pretty good, and with a few specifics can do quite well indeed.

Another thing to consider: There is a lot of information available in ebook form that is in the public domain. If you don't have regular access to a computer, you might consider prowling thrift stores and yard sales looking for an old PDA. I bought one for next to nothing because it was so old and not equipped with a color screen. A few bucks for a memory card and I ended up with something that I could place many electronic "books" on and stick in my pocket. I mainly did so for reading novels, but I placed some reference materials on there as well. Old but perfectly functional for the use I needed it for.

If you've got a modern device, you can check out the work of one of our fine sponsors, Degauss Press // Educational Mobile Software // From California who produce an excellent Cannabis Pocket Reference (I know it works on Android devices, not sure about others).

Here is a thread about them and their work:
Welcome to Our New Sponsor Cannabis Pocket Reference

It might be just what you're looking for. If so, tell them ol' Tortured Soul sent ya, lol. (Actually, just tell them thanks for helping to support this website.)

Best of luck to you with your growing. Hope to see you around the site in the future.

TorturedSoul-
I appreciate your well written post, thanks!
I understand that after all, cannabis growing is not 2 far from any other basic growing...
But I'd like to save some time n' money and learn only the stuff which is important for me as a cannabis grower.

About the PDA- perhaps I havn't explained it good enough- I won't have access to a computer, but sometimes not even for electricity :\
You can call it hiking, road trip or whatever- but the final word is- I need a good old paper book which doesn't brake.

Once again- thanks alot for your help.

Edit:
Little bit offtopic but,
What does flowering time means?
Does it mean how much time the flowering time takes or how much untill the flowering or the hervest?
I don't get it ><

lots of great info here on this site but if you had to buy a book the jorge cervantes book is great,and the ed rosenthal book is a good one aswell. i prefer jorges book though.

The Cervantes book I have is called Marijuana Horticulture The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible. It has plenty of pictures and easy to understand. And yes flowering time is the time it takes before harvesting or the time it takes til it is mature enough to harvest. Sorry am a bit buzzed.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Forum Runner

So I guess I'll buy the "Marijuana Horticulture...".

Thanks alot you guys!

:thumb: Your quite welcome. And when you do get back around to being able to use a cell phone, Tortured Soul was on point about the Cannabis Pocket Reference for Android. I have it for my phone and it is full of info as well. It's worth the few bucks it costs. Anyhoo, hope you have fun on your adventure and I am sure the book will be a good read. I know I didn't put it down for the first few days after getting it. I still use it now as a point of reference...:Namaste::welldone:

Sorry if i've bumped but... will this book cover hydro growing as well? and not just soil growing ?

Yes it does, it covers just about every aspect of growing indoors and out. Trust me it is worth it. I guarantee you'll learn something from this book.

God bless you my friend!
I'm pretty excited, haven't read a single book since Harry Potter 7th came out XD

Great, I am excited for you my friend. Knowledge is power. OMG, before I got the book, I hadn't read anything since Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I do love Harry Potter, seen all the movies except the last one.

Back
Top Bottom