Need A New Fan What Do You Have?

Koolbudz

For those with rooms around 10x10ish what brand size and style exhaust fan do you use?

Just steppin up from a tent to a room and my fan alone cannot exhaust the air fast enough (had single hose AC which I guess was helping extract hot air, but now with a window unit I need a bigger fan, I just have a cheap $35 ebay 8" duct fan...

Anyone have any suggestions for brands... BTW Unemployed so cheaper = better.....

Unemployed so cheaper = better.....

In that case, start scanning your local CraigsList and ones for nearby areas for a Dayton furnace blower. Or even an entire broken furnace, lol, if its fan is a Dayton, it's probably still functional. And those things move enough air for an entire house. Just clean them once in a while and add a few drops of oil once a year - or do what most people do, and ignore them... they still end up working for decades.

Yeah what that guy said. These work good or better and are same price new. But have two plugins for 120 and a breaker. 69 bucks three speeds. Make a square to round out of cardboard or sheetmetal . Then hook flex good to go. Or buy a floor boot instant square to round. I got this one and bows my 4x4x8 tent out if the ac infinity isn’t running at same time. Really the 6 inch infinity is all I need. Either or but the infinity has built in temp and humidistat. Bout 120 bucks though but too dawg.was using a “cheap” vivosun plastic inline but it crapped out after one grow

Attachments

• C36127AD-94F9-4D4B-ADE7-7B0975D2D50A.jpeg
    C36127AD-94F9-4D4B-ADE7-7B0975D2D50A.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 131
I use iPower 6 Inch 442 CFM Inline Duct Ventilation Fans. They are metal and unlike those cheap plastic eBay fans, these fans are going strong after 5 grows. The plastic ones lasted 1 and a half.
Amazon have them for $78 new or $65 for new ones that have been returned (they list them as "used")

Yeah what that guy said. These work good or better and are same price new. But have two plugins for 120 and a breaker. 69 bucks three speeds.

I got one something like that for $50 some years ago. It looked like it was moving air through the side, too, so I blocked that off. Turned out that was to cool the motor, whoops. But it worked while... it worked.

Bear in mind that the OP has moved up to an 850 cubic foot grow space (assuming average ceiling height). The same solutions we use for tents and other small-space grows probably are not going to be sufficient for him.

Oh crap that’s bigger then my house lol yeah time to get a used air handler.well I just checked and he shoudnt need too much this is a formula to dial it in good without needing to consider cubic feet etc. google knows all.

say it’s 90 degrees max with all lights on and peak temp.
90 x BTU/°F = CF x Unit

I think, math is worst subject for me

I calculated the cfm I need, My 8" fan should be enuff but I know this thing does not meet specs, it is so weak as soon as you attach ducting it drops output like mad, ad any slight bend and forget it....

I think it was 450cfm I needed so an 8" 700cfm fan should after all losses be where I need to be I believe...

I have an 8" hole in my wall to exhaust the room with an 8" hood and ducting so I guess I should have stated I would like to stay at 8" other wise with ducting/reducers a 6" $100 turns into more than an 8" for $150..

I can afford $200 for a fan... Well I can spend $200, I can afford $5 :yummy:

So now with that added info maybe that will help....

Thx

An 8 inch ac infinity would be tits. Or an outside air input and a vent fan out the wall if you don’t need duct for a carbon scrubber. I dint know if you can find an air handler for 200 . But those squirrel cage fans homeboy was talkin bout would suffice. Maybe one on each end of the flex. So it would be turbod so to speak. I’m assuming by hood you mean you has a 8 inch inline fan. Put that on the entry part of flex and homeboys fan on the exit. Would be fresh and dope

An 8 inch ac infinity would be tits. Or an outside air input and a vent fan out the wall if you don’t need duct for a carbon scrubber. I dint know if you can find an air handler for 200 . But those squirrel cage fans homeboy was talkin bout would suffice. Maybe one on each end of the flex. So it would be turbod so to speak. I’m assuming by hood you mean you has a 8 inch inline fan. Put that on the entry part of flex and homeboys fan on the exit. Would be fresh and dope

8" vented light hood.... I think I am going to try a lasko X fan $60, fashion a rectangle to round adapter and try that.

If it doesnt work I will look into the AC Infinity... Hope I can spend $75 instead of $200

Bro the infinity is one and done. It automatically does heat and humidity. Has 10 speeds and quieter then a church mouse. The Lasko can really move some air. Just buy a floor boot online for like 5 bucks if you go that route.

these can be had cheap don’t pay over 15 dollars.

Attachments

• 48F9CCF0-7951-4FA2-82E0-459F99313A57.jpeg
    48F9CCF0-7951-4FA2-82E0-459F99313A57.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 140
Bro the infinity is one and done. It automatically does heat and humidity. Has 10 speeds and quieter then a church mouse. The Lasko can really move some air. Just buy a floor boot online for like 5 bucks if you go that route.

these can be had cheap don’t pay over 15 dollars.

Picked up a Lasko X Fan, tested it out hooked directly to a piece of 8" flex duct about 10' long just to test and I believe it should do what I need, is noisy but for now it should work till next upgrade (more light) that will require much more air so will definitely look into the AC, I am cheap and out of work, not sellin product, just smokin with family (who dont chip in but live here and smoke my reefer - kids LOL) so every penny counts, but thxs for the heads up on the squirrel cage fan, totally forgot about these guys...

Yeah man you can use one for intake and for exhaust and be cool. I go through an ounce every three weeks by myself so I feel you. I make concentrates too. Those infinity’s are just the cats pajamas if you can swingem

Yeah man you can use one for intake and for exhaust and be cool. I go through an ounce every three weeks by myself so I feel you. I make concentrates too. Those infinity’s are just the cats pajamas if you can swingem
So far so good as an exhaust fan... Hung it from ceiling, taped 8" flex duct to fan output and night and day difference...

Have been testing with all lights on and was thinking why is it 80 in room? Was thinking it should be 72, so I went and and looked, scratched my head then remebered....oops I turned off the AC LOL

So room going with 1000w HID and two 600W Viparspectra LED's at canopy flowering height (have multiple sensors in room) with no ac = 80 degrees....

Bought another X Fan for circulation, a red one...it sucks...The blue one is way better, supposed to be the same just different controls but this red one is going right back, its weak....

That seems pretty low, unless you are lacking in light or the level of CO2 is below normal ambient level. Are you planning to add more light that would increase the (leaf temperature) in there up, IDK, another eight degrees?
I like to have more control than i need..I test my rooms with low and high temps to verify i can acheive the proper vpd before inserting plants...if i can hit max humidity at over max temp and control it i am good because my room will not reach max temp hopefully and try to test each room variable i can being a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom