Need advice on light

Mico4479

420 Member
I have a 3x3x6 grow tent. In it I have a vivosun 600 watt led and I just put a hlg 260 v2 rspec in there too. If I can keep the temperature down should I keep both leds in there? Will the plants be able to use all the light and increase my yield? Or will it just be a waste of power. And if if it does increase my yield is it worth the extra money on my light bill

Use both, optimal you use 50w per SQ foot, you have 9sq foot so 450w would be optimal.

You'll have 360w from the wall, as long as your aren't north of 80f you'll be fine.

Those Samsung LEDS are the cats arse I'd stick with those.

Well guess I'm using both then. They're still seedlings so they dont need as much light. But I had both on for an hour and the temps hit 84. Just need to figure out how to lower the temps for when they really start veging

I have 2 of the genesis 6 inch clip fans and and a ac infinity exhaust fan with a carbon filter. I have it running at full speed and my room is at around 65 f. The vivosun spits out so much heat even tho its weaker.

Run a dryer vent hose from the floor to a top vent hole. Then run a dryer vent hose from the top vent hole on the other side of your tent to your exhaust fan. Then the exhaust fan to your carbon filter.

That runs cool floor level air across your lights exhausting the majority of the heat.

Lol on the top sides of your tent there's two large holes. Put a dryer vent in both and run them to the floor.

Hook up the fan sucking air out.

That pulls cool air across the lights.

Alright that makes more sense I can do that. Any other advice y'all got? Key things I should remember. It's my first run and I'm trying to max out my yield when it's time to harvest.

Your first grow will probably yield a .5g/watt .8 at best. I think I got around .75g/watt doing slot of research, reading, starting with a good light and ventilation. I wont do better this run, too many issues and covid really puts a damper since myplants are 1h away (landlord forbids growing). But my 3rd grow will probably be over 1g/w

Yea I figured my yield wouldn't be too great. That's why i wanted to use both lights. Plus they're autos. But it gives me something to do while I'm not working. All this shit going on is ruining everything but at least it gives me time to start growing.

Yea I figured my yield wouldn't be too great. That's why i wanted to use both lights. Plus they're autos. But it gives me something to do while I'm not working. All this shit going on is ruining everything but at least it gives me time to start growing.

Practice makes perfect, I just ordered 1 of my supplemental lights. And in a few months I'll be ordering another and have roughly 760 watts in a 4x4 tent.

Light is the #1 way to increase yield. The .ore the better

Mico,

My advice would to just keep things fairly simple for the first run through. Keep a detailed journal as well. Make sure you record temp, RH, how frequently you water, how your plants respond to any kind of training, EC/PPM of any nutrient solution you mix up, or honestly anything you can think of etc... The more you can write down and reference back to, the better you'll be able to avoid any potential mistakes in the future. That is whats been working great for me. I have done a fair bit of studying/preparation for this first grow of my own but I have found myself constantly referring back to my journal for how to best move forward.

Good luck and I'll be following along!

-K

Practice makes perfect, I just ordered 1 of my supplemental lights. And in a few months I'll be ordering another and have roughly 760 watts in a 4x4 tent.

Light is the #1 way to increase yield. The .ore the better
I grow in a non legal state so I cant go too overboard with the lighting. I'm just gonna try and train them the best I can

Mico,

My advice would to just keep things fairly simple for the first run through. Keep a detailed journal as well. Make sure you record temp, RH, how frequently you water, how your plants respond to any kind of training, EC/PPM of any nutrient solution you mix up, or honestly anything you can think of etc... The more you can write down and reference back to, the better you'll be able to avoid any potential mistakes in the future. That is whats been working great for me. I have done a fair bit of studying/preparation for this first grow of my own but I have found myself constantly referring back to my journal for how to best move forward.

Good luck and I'll be following along!

-K
Yea I'm keeping it pretty simple. Need to write stuff down more tho. So far all I've written down is dates when I'll start feeding or lst. Thanks man I appreciate the advice and hopefully these girls will get nice and fat.

Back
Top Bottom