Help: advice on lighting

Onlyautos75

Hello everyone, I've only been a member a couple of months and the peeps here are amazing, the knowledge that is on this site is out of this world and if anyone can give me some advice on this Quantum Board light that I'm looking to buy.
I know nothing about lighting, especially these boards, i'm currently using a viperspectre 300w (with half decent results) and can't use hps cos of the heat, so my first question is, do quantum board led's give of a lot of heat and are they worth it!!! I can buy this board with different kelvin ranges which are priced between £147 - £165 with free postage and I have know idea if this is a good price or not.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Here's the description that the seller has put

Quantum Board qb288 cob led grow light, lm561c s6, 301b 120w

BEAT THE SUMMER HEAT GO LED
These board are amazing in the light output they give & plants love them!
These quantum boards feature samsung lm561c (s6 binning) cob leds are plug and play no building or messing about with these ... ive done all the hard work for you! and for the same price or lower that other diy kits are being offered ..... now that cant be bad! you get a 130w draw from the wall , and big savings on electric, less heat,
I've used what is considered to be the best of breed components, quite simple the best of everything,
the meanwell drivers are 93% efficient and the HLG series has a 7 year warranty !! you dont get better than that, and i will give a year parts and labour, the boards are populated with samsung lm561c s6 leds which are considered to be the top in the middle power class and will last for years, 50,000 hours,
this single board has a 4x rope ratchets to make hanging nice and easy with it, mains lead and stainless steel eye bolts to hang your quantum light by. the wiring is neat and tidy in braided sleeving so it will last.
the boards feature my own dimmer box designed to get the most from the driver, so you dont need to mess about with the tiny screw drivers to dim the unit , they dim down to 30%, with just a turn of the knob, you will get a mains lead 1.8 or 2m, 11 x qb288 boards on a slab heatsink with hlg driver as you see in the pictures, its 320mm long and 195mm wide. this is a quality light that will last
foot print is 60cm x 60cm for flowering far larger for vegetative growth

Kelvin Range Choice
301b 3000k v2
301b 3000k with far red
301b 3500k v2
301b 2700k v2
301b 6500k v2
561c 3500k

DISCLAIMER

please note! all the heatsinks ive bought over the years seem to fade with time and light, these are no exception. The underside fades but in no way does it affect the arrays use and as such is not covered by the warranty

Hello everyone, I've only been a member a couple of months and the peeps here are amazing, the knowledge that is on this site is out of this world and if anyone can give me some advice on this Quantum Board light that I'm looking to buy.
I know nothing about lighting, especially these boards, i'm currently using a viperspectre 300w (with half decent results) and can't use hps cos of the heat, so my first question is, do quantum board led's give of a lot of heat and are they worth it!!! I can buy this board with different kelvin ranges which are priced between £147 - £165 with free postage and I have know idea if this is a good price or not.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Here's the description that the seller has put

Quantum Board qb288 cob led grow light, lm561c s6, 301b 120w

BEAT THE SUMMER HEAT GO LED
These board are amazing in the light output they give & plants love them!
These quantum boards feature samsung lm561c (s6 binning) cob leds are plug and play no building or messing about with these ... ive done all the hard work for you! and for the same price or lower that other diy kits are being offered ..... now that cant be bad! you get a 130w draw from the wall , and big savings on electric, less heat,
I've used what is considered to be the best of breed components, quite simple the best of everything,
the meanwell drivers are 93% efficient and the HLG series has a 7 year warranty !! you dont get better than that, and i will give a year parts and labour, the boards are populated with samsung lm561c s6 leds which are considered to be the top in the middle power class and will last for years, 50,000 hours,
this single board has a 4x rope ratchets to make hanging nice and easy with it, mains lead and stainless steel eye bolts to hang your quantum light by. the wiring is neat and tidy in braided sleeving so it will last.
the boards feature my own dimmer box designed to get the most from the driver, so you dont need to mess about with the tiny screw drivers to dim the unit , they dim down to 30%, with just a turn of the knob, you will get a mains lead 1.8 or 2m, 11 x qb288 boards on a slab heatsink with hlg driver as you see in the pictures, its 320mm long and 195mm wide. this is a quality light that will last
foot print is 60cm x 60cm for flowering far larger for vegetative growth

Kelvin Range Choice
301b 3000k v2
301b 3000k with far red
301b 3500k v2
301b 2700k v2
301b 6500k v2
561c 3500k

DISCLAIMER

please note! all the heatsinks ive bought over the years seem to fade with time and light, these are no exception. The underside fades but in no way does it affect the arrays use and as such is not covered by the warranty
Welcome Onlyautos, enjoy.

Its a nice light and price is very good.
The aluminium heatsinks are supposedly excellent at managing any heat from the led board itself.

But i would ask whether the lights have any uv/ir in them..?!
As im not sure these boards cover those ranges.... (someone with more experience on these maybe able to help on that)

Also unsure what the comparision is say vs a 600w hps: 120w maybe on par with it, but seams to me to be more like a 400w hps..?!

Also the flowering footprint (60cm x 60cm) would mean i would need 4 of these for my 120x120, so what space are you considering it for..!?

Am keen to get myself a qb, hlg or similar but its new tech so will wait a year for them to be more accessable before diving in.
And fyi the ViparSpectra lights are supposed to be not half bad; if its working, are you desperate to change it up?

Little lookey loo around and its appears to be 250w hid replacment.

Also its available from one of 420m sponsors LED grow light depot for same cash in dollars: assume, like me, you're a brit?!
If you go to sponsors page here and look through for LED grow light depot, they will direct you to uk domain and then filter from there.
They have a few bargains, lots of brands and loads of shiney things to peruse.

But.....
Imho i wouldnt buy a qb that is less than 450w; whats the point after all, despite the price point
If yield isnt a driver for you then the VS you already have should be good enough.

Incidentally, am just looking at the light spectrums and by all accounts
Around 5000 k will provide the best (shorter) nodal spacing helping those flowers bunch up tight, but that could be bollocks and perhaps different but more appropriate benifits from another range (my research time is less than i'd like atm - family life getting in the way)

Again, maybe more experienced members can chime in here and put/keep me right...???

Hope this helps
W

Back
Top Bottom