Need advice on making hash

OldBones420

I am looking to begin making my own hash and I was looking at various sites for bags. What I found out was that my knowledge of this equals my knowledge of brain surgery...NONE. I saw a 3 bag system...4 bag system...even an 8 bag system. If 3 bags are indeed enough to get the job done, why would someone spend more money on an 8 bag system ? Obviously I am a confused old man. Here is the link to the site I was looking at Bubble Bags - Online Shop

I have seen an automatic machine that supposedly does all the work for you and is "fool proof". Can anyone help me figure out what to do and what to buy ? Thanxxx in advance....and peace to all.:tokin:

Oh man, there is so much to say about hash making, I will simply try and limit myself to answering your questions for now :)

The logic behind the number of bags is, the more they are the more varying degrees of microns the bags are > The more resin you can capture from the cold water extraction process.

Let's talk about this 8 bag product:
From the product description:
Bag Sizes

Blue = 220 micron
Green = 170 micron
Red = 160 micron
Orange = 120 micron
Black = 90 micron
Yellow = 73 micron
white = 45 micron
Purple = 25 micron

When resin is being extracted through agitation in the water, the trichs get broken, naturally whole trichs are larger in size than broken up trichs and will be captured by the first few bags (Blue to Orange and maybe even black) everything after black is there to make sure that you can capture even the broken up trichs. This system can give you 4 or 5 varying qualities of hash.
Blue is there to stop leafy matter, green to orange will give you your grade A hash, black and yellow will give you grade B hash (cos the trichs are less wholesome), the hash from white and purple will still be smokable but hash will be very crumbly and will dry out very fast, cos the trichs will be very broken up and the resulting product will be very crumbly, this is your grade C hash there.

I would say go for this 8 bag system if you have a very large quantity of plant matter to work with. But if you don't have that much material to work with, just go for the 4 bag system.

as for the machine, well for me personally hash should be as manual labor intensive as possible, but that's just my personal preference :p

Oh man, there is so much to say about hash making, I will simply try and limit myself to answering your questions for now :)

The logic behind the number of bags is, the more they are the more varying degrees of microns the bags are > The more resin you can capture from the cold water extraction process.

Let's talk about this 8 bag product:
From the product description:
Bag Sizes

Blue = 220 micron
Green = 170 micron
Red = 160 micron
Orange = 120 micron
Black = 90 micron
Yellow = 73 micron
white = 45 micron
Purple = 25 micron

When resin is being extracted through agitation in the water, the trichs get broken, naturally whole trichs are larger in size than broken up trichs and will be captured by the first few bags (Blue to Orange and maybe even black) everything after black is there to make sure that you can capture even the broken up trichs. This system can give you 4 or 5 varying qualities of hash.
Blue is there to stop leafy matter, green to orange will give you your grade A hash, black and yellow will give you grade B hash (cos the trichs are less wholesome), the hash from white and purple will still be smokable but hash will be very crumbly and will dry out very fast, cos the trichs will be very broken up and the resulting product will be very crumbly, this is your grade C hash there.

I would say go for this 8 bag system if you have a very large quantity of plant matter to work with. But if you don't have that much material to work with, just go for the 4 bag system.

as for the machine, well for me personally hash should be as manual labor intensive as possible, but that's just my personal preference :p

Here is an informative link:

Youtube - Jorge Cervantes - Hash Cold water extraction.

Now that's the kind of answer someone like me can sink my teeth into. Thanxxx for the advice CannaRebel...as well as the link.

Peace...
:peacetwo:

I just use screen printing mesh. same stuff, way cheaper. and you can customize your mesh count ranges. Personally I use /86,110,156,195,240/

but the fancy bag$ work great too.

one trick to good water hash is to freeze plant material and use slushy, nearly frozen water.

some of the dry hash machines do look cool...and also look very diy friendly.

One thing you might want to consider is buying the larger size bags. I have a 7 bag 5 gallon kit and I wish I had purchased the 20 gallon bags instead because I usually end up with way more bags of trim then I had first expected. Just something to consider depending on how much hash you plan on making but I would not buy the 1 gallon bags. Get the 5 gallon bags at the minimum and the 20 gallon size bags would be even better. Just my opinion for what it's worth. If you can afford to spend a little more get the bigger bags.

Back
Top Bottom